“Perfect for steak and empanadas ”

Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina
Ranked #203 of 10,750 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$29 - US$43
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a fantastic steak and fresh empanadas, look no further. Sangria and service was great as well

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Me and my family visited this restaurant yesterday for my dads 60th birthday. As soon as we arrived at the restaurant (30 minutes late for our reservation, oops) we were greeted by smiles and super friendly staff! We didn't go for starters but would have had the empanandas if we had have done as they looked great! We just enjoyed the complimentary bread and chimmi churri to start and then all had steak for our mains. All of the steaks were cooked perfectly and were very tender and tasty. We also enjoyed a lovely bottle of Malbec with the food which we found very reasonably priced. We were too full for dessert but as it was my Dads birthday we made him order one. A few minutes later the lights went off in the restaurant and all the staff and guests sang Happy Birthday to my dad. Embarrassing for him to but very enjoyable for us. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal and will definitely return!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Return visit after three years and we were not disappointed. Service was excellent and the staff very helpful and chatty. Glad l booked as the place was never empty continual turnover. Steaks superb overal great time again.
Hopefully not three years till we are back again. As a restaurant owner myself all i can say is Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We went in that restaurant for bachelor party with friends. Empanadas e Parillada of asado was fantastic!!! Staff was very nice and helpful. Highly recommended for friends and couples! Better to reserve the table before.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I don't recall ever having been to a cuter and cozier restaurant. Loved the place from the minute I stepped on the front steps (see pictures). Inside it was great. Awesome atmosphere, not your typical restaurant setting but definitely made sense.

The decorations are amazing. The vibe was great and the staff was superb! Super friendly and accommodating.

Now on to the food: I started off with two empanadas. Ham & cheese and beef. The presentation was great. I love how they were perfectly toasted and even had letters toasted on to them. In the meantime I had a glass of sangria which by far has been the best sangria I've ever tasted. The only downside was that I could feel the sugar coming through the straw.

For the main course I had the Skirt Steak. It was delicious. The meet was very tender (though it was a bit elastic) and overall very tasty.

I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to go solo (like me), for any couples or even groups.