See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Excellent location, right off Catalunya square.Very friendly and helpful reception. Not luxury accomodation, but for a budget traveller - there is nothing wrong. If you are just looking for a base to do your sightseeing or rest, this is worhwile. Vey safe and good security. A bathroom to share, but very clean.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I stayed here only for a night but I am please that i selected it. Very good location just few paces away from the metro station and has fairly good food joints close by. The place is very secure with fingerprint scanner for the main door. The room was nice and thankfully the AC was working fine as it was a fairly hot day.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Some reviews on here are unfair. Okay this is not a 5 star luxury hotel, however it isn't advertised as such and for its price it is superb.
Location-wise it is great. It is less than a minute's walk from the Placa de Catalunya aerobus bus stop (don't get a taxi, get the bus which is much cheaper).
There is a lift to take you up to the 3rd floor however there are about 12 steps to climb before you use the lift so not ideal if you have mobility issues.
We had a room with its own bathroom, which was very clean. Not sure I would have liked sharing a bathroom with other guests but I believe their rooms were cheaper and you get what you pay for.
The young lady on reception was very friendly and on arrival she gave us a map, writing on which bus / metro routes to take for certain places.
Our room overlooked a main road so was a bit noisy at times, but we expected that being so close to the centre of town.
Our flight wasn't until 11 pm and she was happy for us to leave our case there (free of charge) so we could enjoy our last day.
As a 'budget' hostel I would thoroughly recommend Pension Aris.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stecorf
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Hotel very near center many restaurants .Metro or the bus stop .I like can shopping for everyone is perfect. Can fine everything if you want in the city . So nice for visit Barcelona my first time. The weather nice on September not hot for me .

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Great location, room adequate but poorly ventilated and despite what the ad on Booking.com implies, no air conditioning - some rooms apparemtly have it, but not the single with shared bathroom. My real complaint though was customer service. This hostal uses a system whereby you receive keys to enter the front door of the building and your room, but must put your finger on an infrared scanner to enter the hostal itself from the elevator. I was duly fingerprinted when I checked in at 2pm but, when I returned from a walk at 6pm, the machine did not recognise my fingerprint. No one answered the hostal phone. I spent 40 minutes sitting in a stairway with no ventilation before the young lady staffing reception finally returned from walking her dog, and let me in. When I asked why they use this system instead of just a plain key, she snapped at me that it was none of my business, the system works great and that they're free to use whatever they like. I pointed out that I had called for assistance and she answered that there was no one on duty because no check-ins were expected at that time of day. Evidently despite their ultramodern door access system they have never heard of forwarding calls to a mobile. Still, I'll give her this; they're free to use whatever door lock they like, and I'm free to stay somewhere else. *Anywhere* else.

Room tip: One in another hotel.
Date of stay: July 2015