I stumbled upon Suites Avenue online when searching for a hotel with cooking facilities and space for one mother and two children. Suites Avenue surpassed my expectations. We were stunned when we walked into the apartment to see the perfect view of Gaudi's La Pedrera. The location is ideal and the apartment was spacious and stylish. We had two bedrooms and two bathrooms, a sitting area and the kitchen was very well-equipped for our needs. I was surprised to find both a dishwasher and a washing machine. Passeig de Gracia could be compared London's Regent Street; it's central but not crazy busy. The metro station Diagonal is half a block away and we used the metro a lot to get around, though we could also walk to all the central locations. It was cool to have people taking pictures of our hotel as being of architectural interest! The front desk is manned 24 hours a day which was really comforting, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. There are two small and very stylish pools but unfortunately it wasn't quite hot enough for us to use them in March. The only criticism I have is that the free wifi service wasn't great, but better service would have been available had I been willing to pay for it! We did hear noises at night because the rooms are located around a central atrium, but it didn't bother us or stop us from sleeping. On our last day, we woke up to the sounds of the Barcelona marathon running right past our window which was lots of fun to watch. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to anyone traveling to Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites Avenue, inaugurated in spring of 2009, is a new option for accommodations in Barcelona, directly opposite Gaudí's La Pedrera.These luxury tourist apartments are ideal for medium- to long-term stays and designed especially for family holidays and business trips.Located in the Eixample neighbourhood right on Barcelona's Passeig de Gràcia occupies a recently built avant-garde building with a spectacular stainless steel façade designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. It is a building that draws the attention of Barcelona residents and tourists alike, and it has become an architectural icon.Suites Avenue has independent apartments of 45 to 86 m2, with one or two luxury bedrooms, independent kitchen, sitting-dining room and shared services like two outdoor swimming pool, a solarium, a communal terrace with views looking over Passeig de Gràcia, a gym, a sauna and a museum with original Hindu and Buddhist pieces on display.ServicesLuxury apartments equipped with all electrical appliances, furniture and utensils in the following categories: 6 superior, 12 superior Pedrera View, 15 deluxe, 6 deluxe Pedrera view, 2 Pedrera penthouse24-hour reception serviceWi-Fi in all areas2 outdoor swimming pool and solariumGym and saunaMassages on request Business centerHindu and Buddhist museumMini barBreakfast serviceParkingCleaning serviceLaundry and ironing serviceSmall dogs allowedShould you require anything further, or find you have time on your hands that you would like to spend doing something original and unique, please let us know. The concierge will provide assistance to make your stay in Barcelona a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Derby Hotels, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Suites Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suites Avenue Hotel Barcelona
- Suites Avenue Barcelona, Catalonia