See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Casameva for 2 days in May and we had a great time. The bed and breakfast is in the middle of the action. a few blocks from Plaza Cataluya, Gothic neighborhood and steps from the Cathedral. The room was small but enough for the two of us and we had our own private room and wi fi which was important for us. We party for the two nights and came back really late at night but we felt super safe. Olga and her family live right next to the place and she was available in case we needed something. Olga told us where to go and what to do since we had limited time to spend and it work out perfect. Olga speaks really good English so that helps a lot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haz_14
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just had a great stay at this cute B&B! Perfect for what we needed- inexpensive, clean and in a good location! My only suggestion would be to bring your own towels. They don't replace them (they do for 15 euro but I thought that was a bit steep) and they didn't try very quickly so they stayed pretty damp and stinky for our stay. Otherwise, wonderful experience and the owner is very nice and accommodating! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I moved to Casameva from a week long corporate event in a 5* hotel. The night before check-out, around 3AM, I had to call guest services to replenish liquid soap in my stylish bathroom, which they readily did, with plenty of apologies. Olga y Manuel do not maintain 24h reception and round-the-clock room service. But then, they do not really need one: the bathroom and the kitchen in their B&B never run out of supplies; the milk is fresh; the floors and tiles are impeccably clean (the establishment past our cleanliness test as I looked for mold in those hard to reach corners and did not find any!); the linen is perfumed with lavender softener. Casameva rooms are all situated on the quiet, inner side of the building, which thus becomes an oasis of peace in the middle of the most crowded, most interesting, and most sought for neighborhood in Barcelona - Gothic Quarter. Most importantly, the landlords - your friendly hosts - pay much attention to security. Your family and your property are well protected behind 5 (five!) doors, of which 2 are controlled by double-blind electronic key-lock! We warmly recommend Casameva. We will certainly return to Olga and Manuel's guesthouse!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zvasic
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed at Casameva for 3 nights in May 2013. The innkeeper was very friendly and helpful. The bed and breakfast is in a nice building in the Gothic Quarter located near may of the attractions and a convenient walk to Placa Catalunya to catch the tourist buses or bus to the airport. The room was very clean and modern. My only complaints are that it was a bit noisy, but from the street outside, but from the other guests. The walls are thin and the doors are very heavy and loud so I could hear people coming and going, getting breakfast, etc. which started quite early sometimes. The bed and pillows could use a bit of an upgrade as well, the bed was very hard for my taste and the pillows were very flat. Overall though, I would recommend this B&B based on location and price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The breakfast is basic in the sense that everything is there, but you have to prepare it yourself. The advantage is that you can have your breakfast whenever you want.
For the rest: excellent location, very clean kitchen and room and friendly landlord.
The metro is a few meters away and several attractions are at walking distance.
I recommend it and I would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo