We spent 4 nights in mid-January and found that the hotel lived up to its good reviews. Friendly and helpful reception, good-sized rooms with small balconies, newly decorated with modern furnishings, comfortable beds, crisp linen and well-equipped bathrooms. Had to ask for the balcony door handle which enables the staff to warn you of the 8 to 10" step down from the room floor to the balcony! As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel has very few facilities but does have a small public seating area with TV, coffee maker and newspapers. There is also a decked area with a couple of sun loungers and chairs/tables overlooking the market roof - quite nice to watch the sun set here!
The principal attraction of the hotel is its central location right on the Ramblas, close to the Plaza Calalyuna and a short walk to many buildings of architectural interest. The heating/air-con is centrally controlled but can be turned off. We had a balcony door slightly open and there was a moderate amount of traffic noise - only to be expected. There was space in the fridge for our own drinks and the room was thoroughly cleaned daily with fresh bed-linen. Wi-fi was a bit patchy at times but the room lighting was good for reading. The hotel has a small breakfast room charging 10 Euros but there is better value to be had at any number of nearby cafes or at the Boqueria. Tubes stations are close by at Catalunya and Liceu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A three star hotel in the Ramblas of Barcelona, next to the famous Boqueria market, with a fresh , modern and comfortable design. The Exe Ramblas Boqueria is in a nineteenth century palace completely renovated on the inside and turned into a space of minimalist design with the latest technology and facilities set in the colors of a Mediterranean market. Due to its central location, situated between the Port of Barcelona and Plaza Catalunya, in the heart of Barcelona, the rooms of the hotel are perfectly soundproofed to guarantee its customers the best rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exe Ramblas Boqueria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Ramblas Boqueria Barcelona
- Exe Ramblas Boqueria Barcelona, Catalonia