Hostal Martina
US$130
US$115
Official Website
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Hotel Arts Barcelona(Barcelona)
US$813
US$671
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2016

We arrived earlier than expected and woke Maria up, she was so nice about it though. she took our bags and looked after them for us until check in on the afternoon.
When it was actually check in time she annotated a map for us with all the local places on it, where the old town ends, where all the useful metro stops are and which lines to get to where (Nou Camp, The beach, Park Guell) etc, it was so useful!
The room itself was beautiful, not plush or over furnished but full of character and spotlessly clean, as was the whole floor (its rooms are in the two apartments on the 2nd floor, which i like for the safety aspect e.g no stranger able to just walk in off the street and walk around the building because they'd first need to get through a door with a buzzer and intercom and then a locked door into the hostal and then into your room. There was also a huge bathroom and a lovely balcony.

The location was good, close to the main area but far enough out to have access to the lovely local spots as opposed to the tourist places. All the staff were lovely, A beautiful place with kind, generous people running it and excellent value. I have already recommended.

The only thing I would like to see is a hairdryer in the room, apart from that it was perfect.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca F
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I am currently enjoying my fourth and final night staying here in the "superior twin/ double room" with my mum for a first time city break to Barcelona. We were certainly not dissapointed. I initially chose the Hostal based on the location, and the fact that it had a private en suite bathroom- something hard to find in the city in this price range. We were completely charmed by the authentic art neuvo/ art deco apartment block in which the rooms are located and it has many of the original decorative features, giving the place a charming "shabby chic" vibe. Yes, it is not a 4 star hotel, but you would not expect this for the price. It is everything that you would expect from a traditional style "pension". Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, the shower in good working order with plentiful hot water at all times of the day and night and our beds were made when we returned every evening. There are a few quirks, for example, there is a knack to mastering the door locks, but all part of the charm of the place. A bonus is that it is on a fairly quiet side street, so apart from the rubbish collection in the middle of the night (aparently standard for all streets in Barcelona), we were able to get a very good nights sleep. Other bonuses are the proximity to Tetuan metro station (literally just a minute around the corner), and also complimentary wifi, which was reliable throughout our stay and good enough to use video on skype/ face time. Although the rooms may be considered basic, there was plently of space to hang clothes and put our things and also an enclosed balcony with table and chairs overlooking the street. There is a lift in the building, which we appreciated when we first arrived with our luggage. Our hostess, Maria is delightful and welcoming, and despite limited English was able to map out a suggested itinerary for our visit. We are also able to leave our luggage for safe keeping after checking out. Although things like towels have not been changed, I get the impression that this would be done if requested. I really cant think of a negative thing to say about the place- would reccomend for the traveller on a budget who would like somewhere more upmarket than an average hostal.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Girlonabicycle
Reviewed 28 September 2015

This is the third time that I have stayed here. This place is great, close to Passeig de Gracia, Plaça Catalunya and Sagrada Familia. Very good for shopping or sightseeing.
There is a metro stop nearby and plenty of bars where you can inexpensive breakfast or lunch.
Big thanks to Maria, she was very nice explaining to me everything that I needed to know.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Farrarons
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

I have just spent 5 days at Hostal Martina and have loved it here. I had a large room with original tiled floor and decorative plaster work ceiling, plus my own bathroom, plus a little balcony out the quieter side at the back of the building. Yes it was hot and no air con, but A fan was supplied, so its fine. I recommend one of the rooms at the back which only gets morning sun. The location in Eixample is close to Tetuan metro, a lovely sedate quiet neighbourhood, close to everything.
The hostess gave me a map and lots of info, very helpful. No you don't get sachets of shower gel, but get real! This place is extremely good value, it's clean, it's in a lovely old apartment block in a safe part of town, you will be out all day , and the bed is very comfortable. I will definitely be back

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

I really loved this! I have been staying in massive share bunkbed rooms for the past 2 months, so when I got to Barca I wanted to upgrade for a couple days to a private room...

I can only attest to what I saw: the bedroom I had had beautiful stained glass windows, a balcony, quaint furniture, a super comfy double bed, ensuite with more beautiful window paneling. It was super clean, the staff come in every day to tidy up your room. I would describe this place as: authentic, rustic, boutique & romantic. Think of it more as a family run guesthouse- they only have 5-7 rooms.

On arrival Maria gave me lots of information regarding where to go and how to get to places. She was also quite sweet & friendly... if using a little broken english - but that didn't bother me at all. The staff were also super helpful when I asked to extend my stay too.

Only minor complaint was the wifi wasn't very strong/fast... but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

I would definitely return here :)

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo