As soon as the taxi dropped us off, we knew what other reviewers had meant about the location. It does feel like it’s a bit in the middle of nowhere. The reality is, it’s nicely away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to it, if that’s your kind of thing. A genuine 5 minute walk and you’re on La Rambla and the Las Ramblas area. We found this location ideal & although you do have to walk past a selection of “ladies of the night”, it’s not a threatening environment at all. It’s actually quite quirky.
The one major benefit to being in this area is the price. We were pretty sure that if this hotel was located on Las Ramblas then it would be regarded as 5 star and that it would also command 5 star prices. Over the last year or so, I’ve stayed in a few so-called 5 star hotels and the Barcelo Raval is pretty much on par with them. We stayed in a suite so I guess my view will be slightly skewed, but the reception area and main dining area are fantastic. Not too flashy, just a nice relaxing environment.
The hotel also has a 360 degree terrace on the top floor. The views are pretty impressive but it was so col when we were there, there was no way I staying outside for too long. I imagine on summer evenings, the 360 must be a hive of activity.
I’d recommend this hotel for sure, and although I’ve not stayed in any other hotels in Barcelona, I’d probably book the Barcelo Raval again. It’s a very safe bet. Nice surroundings (once inside the hotel!) at a nice price…
Bar prices are good for alcohol. The mini bar is a total rip off. Avoid! (3 Euros for a Diet Coke. Really?!)
Beware of the menu translation. If you can read Spanish/Catalan, do. The English translation is often wrong. (The Cheese soup was Chicken soup!)
All in all this is a cracking hotel. Give it a go. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. One last piece of advice…if you actually want a hot breakfast get down there early. We made the mistake of not doing this and by the time we got down there it was FREEZING. This is my one small gripe …
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Barceló Raval hotel is strategically situated in the heart of Barcelona, in the Raval neighbourhood, one of the city's most fashionable areas. It is also Barcelona's artistic and cultural epicentre. The Barceló Raval hotel has become a symbol of the transformation and modernity this area of the city’s old quarters is experiencing, due to its unique oval structure and exquisite avant-garde interior design. In its 182 modern rooms and 4 sophisticated suites you will find an iPod docking station, a Nespresso coffee maker and free Wifi. As a part of its innovative concept, it offers a new and multifunctional B-Lounge service where you can try our delicious tapas served continuously from 12.00 to midnight. And to crown off this extraordinary building, there is a roof top terrace where you can bath in the swimming pool solarium whilst enjoying panoramic views of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Raval reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Raval Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Raval
- Barcelo Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Raval Barcelona, Catalonia