First time to Barcelona, arrived with taxi from the airport (€28).
Stayed for 3 nights from 22-25 Aug 2012. Very happy with the hotel- looks exactly like the pics, good size room (upgraded to Deluxe Room), there's a taxi rank right outside the hotel, 10 mins walk to La Rambla (then walk 5 mins to the left to Pl Catalunya, or walk 10 mins to the right to Columbus Monument then through to World Trade Centre). Gothic Cathedral, Santa Maria Cathedral are 15 mins walk away. Even the beach, W Hotel are walk able from the hotel!
Taxis are plenty- meter starts from €2.10- remember to tell them the STREET name of the place you wanna go to... not the NAME of the place. Theyre very good at knowing the street names, not the actual name of the bar, restaurant, hotel, etc.
Our room didn't include breakfast, as we were out until late every night (Spanish start having their dinner at 8 PM), we didn't get up until 10 AM.... So hotel breakfast wouldn't be worth it.
Roof top pool and bar is nice. As its quite a small area, it can get packed easily.... so make sure to get there early ish, like 6 or 6.30 PM. Chilled out music, sunset, 360 degrees view of the city. (we did the city bus tour on the first day, highly recommend it... Coz it helps a lot when we looked at the 360 degrees view of city from this roof top pool and bar! Very proud that we had been to most of the iconic places in the city)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Barceló Raval hotel is strategically situated in the heart of Barcelona, in the Raval neighbourhood, one of the city's most fashionable areas. It is also Barcelona's artistic and cultural epicentre. The Barceló Raval hotel has become a symbol of the transformation and modernity this area of the city’s old quarters is experiencing, due to its unique oval structure and exquisite avant-garde interior design. In its 182 modern rooms and 4 sophisticated suites you will find an iPod docking station, a Nespresso coffee maker and free Wifi. As a part of its innovative concept, it offers a new and multifunctional B-Lounge service where you can try our delicious tapas served continuously from 12.00 to midnight. And to crown off this extraordinary building, there is a roof top terrace where you can bath in the swimming pool solarium whilst enjoying panoramic views of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Raval reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Raval Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Raval
- Barcelo Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Raval Barcelona, Catalonia