“MY FAVORITE HALAL”

Price range: US$9 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Okay, realize first that halal is the drunk food of Barcelona. Do not expect fine dining with it. However, this is best halal I've EVER had (and I've been to Istanbul!).

GET THE SUPER DURUM. Done. Don't even look at anything else. Get it. Trust me. Mixed or chicken, doesn't matter. Enjoy.

It's also open all hours of the night, and super close to La Rambla. I cannot recommend enough.

There are newer reviews for Kapadokya

Reviewed 13 February 2015

Great if you want a beer out on the promenade. You can then kick back and watch the world go by while the parrots argue in the palms above your head.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

We stopped here for a quick Kebab. First we sat outside but were driven inside by the strong smell of urine and vomit. Ordered lamb kebabs and when they came the meat wasn't cooked properly. Worst of all they were served in baskets which leaked blood onto the table and then onto my partner's brand new skirt. The staff, when confronted, denied any culpability and demanded the money. They refused to look at the table, they did not care. The terrible food cost 19€, the skirt 50€! A horrible experience. Don't go to this dump, it's disgusting.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a Turkish restaurant and only my third visit to such a place so I do not claim to be an expert. The downstairs dining room has curious decor including a mini Christmas tree and fairy lights.Perhaps this is the influence of the song Red Neck Woman, we visited in August. The mandatory tele was blasting out with nobody watching it. The waiter was friendly and wanted us to talk English to improve his. No problem.

The drinks took too long to come. The food , not fast but freshly cooked was OK. The meat was tasty, the salad very bland and bread vey doughy. The bill was very reasonable. We will have to try other places in the Gotic District before deciding on a return, but I suspect not.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Myself and my boyfriend decided to go here as we wanted to get away from the tourist areas. We were pleasantly surprised when we were given frosted glasses for our beers! The first we had come across in barcelona. The service was great, smiley waiter and very delicious food. We want to return before our holiday ends. Worth more than other "popular" restaurants that are higher rated on TA.