“Excellent food that lives up to expectation”
Review of Cobo Vintage

Cobo Vintage
Ranked #3 of 485 Restaurants in Burgos
Description: Restaurante gastronómico del chef Miguel Cobo, galardonado el 2017 con una estrella Michelin. Una propuesta que une gastronómicamente Burgos con Cantabria gracias a su riquísima despensa y recetario tradicional.
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a great lunch when visiting this interesting city. The restairant is very near the Cathedral. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed which made us feel welcome with 2 small kids. All of the food was very tasty, from the anchovies starter, pea starter, monkfish, pigeon to the lovely desserts. The chef was also out speaking to the customers which was nice to see. A very pleasant lunch experience for us.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We chose this as a one star michelin that offered a lunch set menu. It was a good choice. Wonderful desserts and wine by the glass (included in menu). Service was great with maitre d' taking plenty of time to recommend dishes and places to eat in Galicia (later stops on the camino walk). Highly recommended

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch. The food was very tasty - his oxtail was particularly delicious. We had spicy soup, pig tail stuffed with blood sausage topped with bean sauce (wow! Very good), lobster, golden butter hake, the aforementioned oxtail, and chocolate 6 ways. The atmosphere was relaxed. We found the service to be incredibly welcoming and helpful. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Booked to eat here for lunch, we really wanted to try one of their great value set menus, but once again hit the stumbling block of my pescetarianism. Now this is a modern restaurant that clearly aspires to an international clientele (they have a English tutor come in to teach the staff) so to not cater properly for the least fussy of the ‘isms’ is ridiculous, they would have a melt down if a vegetarian or vegan came in! I don’t want special treatment or a menu adapted especially for me, I just want to have the same availability of choice that a meat eater has, I don’t think that’s too much to ask in a modern, international restaurant in a city. The meal we had was very accomplished cooking, but nothing blew me away or surprised me, it was all quite safe, predictable and well cooked. I would definitely come back here when they do a set menu for non-meat eaters but the menu we had I didn’t feel was good value for money, I thought everything was overpriced for what it was. Also although the waiter was very nice, friendly and helpful I don’t want to be constantly asked if I am enjoying my meal.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Although we had not booked in advance, we got an excellent table by the window. We discussed the menu with the chef, who gave excellent suggestions. Everything tasted heavenly. Before the main plate (a very well cooked turbot with vegetables), they served a series of amuse-bouches and an entrée. Everything was mouth watering. To finish, we chose as dessert the almond for my husband and the several ways to eat chocolate for me. Perfect! We highly recommend Cobo Vintage.