“Great food, friendly place”
Review of Cardamomo Vegetariano - CLOSED

Cardamomo Vegetariano
Price range: US$13 - US$22
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cocina elaborada con productos Biologicos, tratados con esmero y carino para lograr una cocina sana y equilibrada. Platos para todos los que buscan un rincon relajado y romantico con musica agradable y trato amable. Carta de Vinos, Cervezas, Zumos y Bebidas de Procedencia Ecologica. Toda nuestra reposteria es casera. Cafe de comercio justo Bio al igual que nuestra seleccion de tes e infusiones.Biological cuisine using products treated with love and care to achieve a healthy and balanced cuisine. Dishes for all those seeking a relaxed and romantic corner with pleasant music and friendly service. Wine, Beer, Juices and Beverages Organic Origin. All our desserts are homemade. Bio Fair Trade coffee as well as our selection of teas and infusions.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

It's a clean, friendly and quiet place, ideal if you want to relax!
Food was delicious! Price is more on the high side, but quality was great and worth it! Wonderful treat in Burgos, thank you!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Come here if you're ready to splurge on a high quality vegetarian meal. Best vegetarian meal I've had in (by far) this past month traveling around Spain. It was a welcome breather from the onslaught of delicious meat.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Usually I look up "vegetarian restaurants" here on TripAdvisor, but I first read about Cardamomo Vegetariano in the recommended restaurants for Burgos in my DK Eyewitness Travel book on Spain. This place delivered in so many ways!

First, the food. My father and I both went with the "menu of the day" and started with one of best salads and whole-grain bread either of us have tasted in Spain. (He has been here five days, I've been here seven months.) Salad ingredients were fresh, crisp and perfectly-dressed. Delicious! He selected a spinach quiche for his second, I went with the special of the day: lentil-based veggie burgers. To be clear, my Dad's not a vegetarian but he loved every bite of what he declared as "the best quiche he has ever had." The "veggie burgers" were wonderful - not too dense, well-seasoned with a zesty, peppery sauce. We finished with a slice of the "dessert of the day": a 3-cheese cheesecake (queso fresco, ricotta and Burgos cheese) topped with a light sauce of blueberries and cranberries with a savory crust.

Second, the service. Roberto was helpful but not solicitous. As our meal went along and we got to know him a bit, he really opened up and shared his love of his unique style of cuisine and the type of diners it attracts. But he credits the "magic" of the cuisine to his Susana, the master of the kitchen.

Finally, the atmosphere. Unassuming (we walked right by it at first) and elegant in its simplicity, it has an intimate dining area which reflects the spirit of the owners. I wish I could find a restaurant like Cardamomo Vegetariano in every town!

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was simply the best meal I have experienced (as a vegetarian and previously as an onmivore). We will be travelling back to Burgos specifically to go to this restaurant next time we are in Spain. It was that good. They have a new menu every weekend. The owner was really attentive and spoke great english. He was very helpful and very friendly. He put us at ease.

You will have to book. We were lucky to be seated.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I could not write any better word than "outstanding" for this restaurant! It was remarkable, and while I hoped for a good vegetarian restaurant, I did not expect one of this quality. There wasn't a large choice, but everything we ordered and tasted was excellent - even the desserts (which is rare in Spain). If you are a vegetarian and are travelling in Spain, you must be desperate for vegetarian food. You should detour to eat here! If you are omnivorous, and are in Burgos, I highly recommend you try this restaurant for a meal, even though it is situated in a side alley away from the cathedral area.

Yo sólo podría describir este restaurante así <<estupendo>>. De verdad la cena aquí ha sido muy muy bien. Esperaba que fuera bien, pero nunca imaginaba que podría ser tan bueno. La carta no ofrecía muchos platos, pero cada uno ha sido tremendo, hasta los postres. Si eres vegetariano recomiendo que hagas un desvío para comer aquí. Si comes de todo, y estás en Burgos, te recomiendo este restaurante, aunque no está ubicado al lado de la catedral y no sirven carne ni pescado. ¡no te arrepentirás!