All reviews separate shower old town a ground floor room big tub pool bar thoroughly enjoyed my stay connecting door gin and tonic free parking booked a triple room across the river couple of nights rated stars min drive hill overlooking the city rooms are huge only stayed one night
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in pet friendly room. Hotel is well designed with all rooms overlooking the city. Layout took a bit of getting used to, but easy once you get your bearings. Superb views of the city from our room, and patio door opened onto a private terrace and green area. Breakfast very good in restaurant with superb views. Overall a really good visit.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank H8989QNsteves
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I did read the other reviews, but here's what I saw: everything was immaculately clean throughout the property, the room was spacious and spotless, including the bathroom, and having a pool on-site was great too. Breakfast was well worth the €10. I have no complaints and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank flapjack5
Reviewed 29 September 2016

about one mile from centre with lovely views to city . staff were really helpful. stayed in a suite and it was excellent, separate sitting area. nice outdoor pool. parking is free. it was unusually hot for September when we stayed ( 40 plus degrees )and the receptionist even offered us bottled water when leaving.

2  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is set on spacious grounds just outside the city walls, with breathtaking views of Toledo, especially in the evenings
We decided to stay here for a more peaceful option than in a city centre residence.
The hotel offers a lovely pool in an elevated position with more great views- essential in the midday heat
We normally never eat in hotels but decided to due to a late evening arrival. Not only was the food excellent, so was the service!
Highly recommended/ would definitely return

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I was a little dubious choosing this hotel, after reading some of the other review but I needn't have worried. Finding the hotel was easy, it's a pretty impressive location up of the side of the hill with an amazing view of the old town. Marta welcomed us with good English and we had a room looking out towards the town and it was lovely (rm305). Large, nicely decorated clean and a huge. bathroom. Only down side in the room, no facility for making a hot drink and although there is a mini bar, no complimentary water. I've given this hotel a 3 star as I cannot comment regarding the restaurants as we did not use them. We were only in Toledo overnight and didn't arrive until mid afternoon so spent the rest of the day wandering around the old town and eating there.
Some other reviewers mentioned the walk to the old town, now depending on your view it's either a 10 min walk or a 30 min walk. It's just 10 mins to the old bridge entrance to the town, and for us this was the old town, for others it may be once inside the Jewish quarter (this is where the bridge brings you into to) then it's roughly 30mins depending on how quickly your stroll . As you cross the bridge you will see Fly Toledo, the zip wire across the river. Looks great fun unfortunately I wasn't dressed appropriately otherwise for just €10 I'd have had a go. And amazing view of the old town and the river from the bridge.
The Jewish quarter is lovely and easy to spend a long time meandering around the little streets and shops. A great meal in the old town and a slow wander back to the hotel. Again took about 30/40 mins, the road is well lit and has a good footpath although the road is quite busy I guess. The only down side to this hotel is that from what we could tell you have to walk down the hotel driveway (which is steep and not lit at night) to get to the old town. A footpath through the hotels lovely gardens down to the road would be great, there may have been one but nothing mentioned in the hotels literature and we couldn't see anything obvious. As the old town is on a hill, it's defiantly wait for a workout but don't let that put you off, a taxi is cheap and if you do want to take your car into the town there is a huge undercount carpark right next to the alcazar and is sigh posted well from what I could see.

5  Thank Jo S