1,545 results
All reviews ferry terminal car lift floor to ceiling windows across the road quality hotel sea view excellent hotel underground parking tapas large room high floor lovely city would definitely stay here again good size per day junior suite wonderful view
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Starting with a great location and a very good view (mine was facing the old part of town), the restaurant is clean and modern, with a much appealing design philosophy. The rooms are well maintained and taken care of and both heating and air con work. In the bathroom you have a large assortment of available amenities, including a tooth brush. Something you don't see very often anymore. Sleep quality is excellent. I had no trouble whatsoever. Noise? I didn't hear any. Breakfast has all your usual suspects from bacon and eggs to toast. If I am in the area I expect I'll stay here again.

Only negative: Parking. More specifically leaving the parking area. Don't take the ramp! Use the elevator. The ramp is tight as all hell for a larger car.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Arriving in the evening from the UK via Ferry, this was the perfect place to spend a night before our tour around Spain.

Firstly, the hotel is very well signposted, but more importantly, they tell you where to drive, to access their car park, which would be difficult without them.

They have a wonderful underground car park, where the vehicles descend by lift. We have a very large 4 x 4 and parking in Spain safely can be challenging. We were allocated a larger parking bay, which was perfect.

I am a light sleeper, and requested a quiet room (Queen Room with Sea View, # 602) which was a corner room, huge, with wonderful views. The bed was very comfortable and the shower good.

Wi-Fi was good all around the hotel.

We chose to have a light breakfast in the cafeteria, consisting of Croissant, fresh orange juice and coffee. It was great and a decent price.

The hotel is convenient for the whole of the city, and just in front of the Ferry Terminal.

We shall definitely stay here whenever we need to spend a night in Santander.

The only thing missing, were Tea & Coffee facilities in the room (but available downstairs, in the cafetaria).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinM950
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel when I get away for a few days. I love the bay and the beaches. It's lovely any time of year. My last stay did not set well because the guests in the next room smoked and it smelled up my room. I opened up the window to air it out,however the smoke lofted in. There were stains on the carpet and black scuff marks on the wall and refrigerator from luggage. I spoke to the clerks at the front desk and they didn't really say much other than it being a non-smoking room. Another complaint is that the once lovely view of the bay,one of reasons for staying at Hotel Bahia, is not only obstructed by the Botin arts centre monstrosity, but also by the extremely loud video that plays for hours on end.This once tranquil, lovely hotel is now ruined for me.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Lovely city , with interesting walks, museums, architecture and really good food. Hotel was very good , very clean. City not busy. Probably better to use it as a centre for visiting other towns /cities in the area. We were only there for 3 days and took a public transport bus to Bilbao. Well worth a visit

Room Tip: depends on what you want sea view or city view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have moved to Spain and got the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, where we had a reservation at Hotel Bahia for 1 night before our 10 hour drive down to Alicante.

The hotel was not amazingly easy to find by road but not impossible so no major drama really.

We had secure underground parking which was great as I had a new car (Porsche) and needed it to be safe for the night.

The car lift was great, not used one before and it took us down to level -3 where our space was. Once parked you exit the car park via a door in to an undercount lift lobby then get the lift to level 0 where reception is.

The staff were helpful and we were checked in within 2 mins. The ‘normal’ lift can only be operated by inserting then removing your room card which is great as it stops non hotel guests getting up to rooms.

We got to the room (junior suite)on floor 3 and were delighted. The lounge was large and had a tv, sofa, coffee machine (also with decaf) which was great. Through some sliding doors you enter the HUGE bedroom with a massive bed and a chez longue at the end.

As this was a suite we had windows on 2 walls which gave a great view of the city and sea.

The bathroom was also large, with 2 sinks, jacuzzi bath for 2 people and a separate large shower. There was also a load of free bathroom goodies including shower gel, toothbrushes, comb and brush, sewing kit, shower cap, shoe polish, razor and shaving cream plus other bits and pieces.

There are also 2 large wardrobes just outside the bathroom.

The suite was clean and tidy, well presented and overall great.

The only criticism I have is not so much the hotels fault but Hotels.com any probably other third party sites, in that when booking please check extra costs as the car park costs €17 and tax is not calculated at the time of booking.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Bahia especially the suites.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple