“Rare find (for me) and genuinely good food.”

Restaurante Siropian
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

I only walked in because they were early to open for lunch, and was surprised at the level of service by a myriad of staff. The Russian hostess (didn't get her name) recommended a straightforward Syrian meal, complete with dessert and Arabic coffee. What a treat. I enjoyed the nice touches of ethnic pottery. Wifi is decent, and the prices are mid-range.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The place offers Syrian food which is quite tasty. The staff is kind and polite. They have a wide assortment of options. A good option for vegetarians. I suggest you to try a shared starter with hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, taboule.... they will offer it to you and it's a good option

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We have just had a lunch is this restaurant which was advertised as serving middle eastern home made and "elaborate" food. The mutabal was a tiny starter, slimy and sitting in a puddle of oil. The tabule was off the menu so we had a fattush salad which was mainly chopped raw peppers with a few bits of lettuce and a leaf or two of parsley. The chicken skewer was made with fatty lumps with skin and the lamb sheesh kebab was similarly bland. No sauce of any kind, just a dry flat bread. The dessert was a packet pancake from the supermarket with a bit of chocolate sauce squirted on. This was served cold and was like a piece of shoe leather, I asked for them to heat it to make it edible so they popped it in the microwave for a few seconds. Needless to say I left half of my chicken and dry bread. Horrible.

2  Thank Artannie
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We picked this place as we like middle eastern food. Stopped for lunch and I had an Aleppo kebab my wife a chicken skewer. They were both ok if a little pricey for the small amount you got.
We returned in the evening, we had the mixed starter for two at 16 euros which was disappointing as it consisted of a few small cold dishes of salad, houmous, cucumber yoghurt and a small vegetable cake. For mains I had the lamb kofta and my wife had aubergine stuffed with lamb. Neither were very good as the meat in both dishes consisted of a lump of minced lamb which were very similar in taste. Quite bland and little seasoning. The bill was over 50 euros which included a glass of the local red wine (poor quality) and a coke.

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

This place seems less busy than the other places on the same street, but I cannot understand why that is. Our family of four have had lunch here a couple of times and have always been satisfied with the quality of food and service. Daily menu is of great value.

1  Thank Juha V