“Excellent meal to finish off our holiday”
Review of Atuvera

Atuvera
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Description: Feel at Home in Atuvera. A place where you can really enjoy the company of family and friends. The best part is, the delicious cuisine of our Chef, Andrés Notario McDonell, no doubt. Our waiters are kind and professional. And the place is the best scenario to enjoy a wonderful meal... We are at a Colonial little palace surronded by old tropical gardens. We dont close after lunch so you can relax and enjoy your meal regardless of time. Our prices are fair. Initial sourdough bread with sauces and mineral water jugs are on the house!
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I found out about this place via TripAdvisor and from reading reviews on other websites and it didn't disappoint.
I requested a booking for my wife and daughter via Facebook messenger which they responded to in minutes.
The restaurant is on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz close the TF5 highway in a converted residential mansion with a nice courtyard garden. Our table was in the courtyard, with an outdoor heater to keep us warm in the February evening.
On to the food, we decided to skip starters and go straight for the mains. My wife had the chicken supreme and I had the lamb shank with almonds, prunes and sesame, with sides of salad, rice and fries. Both mains were good, especially the lamb which was melt in your mouth tender. The portions were also generous, so we couldn't finish the fries or the salad.
We shared the chocolate cake for a dessert, which again was a very large slice, and enough for two people.

I should mention that the service was warm, friendly, and they were very friendly to my 3 year old daughter.

The whole meal including two glasses of house red came to 45 Euros which think is a bargain.

Overall I highly recommend this restaurant which is away from the usual tourist areas in the centre of Puerto Cruz.

2  Thank Leo I

Reviewed 23 December 2015

My husband and I arrived here for lunch only to be told they were fully booked with Xmas business lunches. We were very disappointed but with a little persuasion and a most accomadating chef we were found a table for two. The food was excellent and so were the staff. The menu is small but something to cater for most tastes. We will definitely go back again .Well done to all the team.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

This is as new restaurant in a recently converted old house. It is quite delightful. The staff are professional and friendly and the food is exceptional for the money. There is a garden cocktail bar and heaters for the outside tables, or you can eat in one of the side rooms. Get there before their prices go up!

3  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

An unusually warm and sunny week in Puerto de la Cruz couldn't have a better ending than a dinner at restaurant Atuvera. You need to know, where you are heading at. You won't come here by chance. We trusted on the positive comments on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. A very warm welcome, all the way very attentive service and excellent food. The only thing to claim of were the chantarelles in the main course. They were bitter. I use to pick up chantarelles myself and use them in foods in different ways and I know they are excellent ingredients. In spite of this a very good experience and absolutely a restaurant to recommend.

1  Thank Reijo G
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and I have been here on several occasions. Gourmet food cooked perfectly and served in an elegant but informal atmosphere. Highly reccomended.