“A beautiful find!”
Review of Casa Mika

Casa Mika
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Typical and beautiful Canarian house multi-enviroment with one of the best homemade food you can find in Puerto de la Cruz! We wait for you. Hermosa y típica casa canaria multi ambientes con una de las mejores comidas caseras que podrás conseguir en el Puerto de la Cruz! Te esperamos!
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We wanted to go for a date night and this place delivered and then some! For starters we had croquettes and garlic prawns. I have not had such succulent flavoursome prawns for a while. The croquettes with blues cheese melted in my mouth and brought joy to every mouthful. Moving on to main course I had the squid grilled in mojo and my husband had the delicious cod with wrinkly potatoes. Both were devine and succulent with such wonderful flavour. Oh I forgot to mention the bread that came with a fabulous aioli steeped in garlic and parsley. We did not go for dessert as our bellies were happy and full. We opted to adjourn to the inside for coffees. Let me move on to the decor! It’s amazing full of film memorabilia and nostalgia. I felt like I was in culture heaven so many references and great posters. The soundtrack to the whole evening was just COOL! It was jazzy, lounge mixed with classic tunes including singing in the rain. I really did not want to leave. I feel after talking so much about the food and ambience I should talk about the staff. Not that they need to talk English but they do beautifully. But they have wonderful character and always a smile on their face. Also what was wonderful was they offered advice on what to eat, how much to order and what is best for the day. We had such lovely conversations about the island, the food and drink! Also we opted for a brandy chaser, this came to us in a warmed glass poured to perfection. I can’t go on more about how wonderful this place is for a really interesting, beautifully tasting and wonderful experience. Hats off to these guys for creating a wonderful evening that we enjoyed and will remember forever. BIG BIG THANKS GUYS!! X x x x

maru61, Propietario at Casa Mika, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you, very much.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

What can we say but amazing! Beautiful food sitting outside down a very quaint street away from the hussle and bustle. We then decided to go inside for coffee. What an amazing place.... very cool interior with sofas to chill and lots to look at. We had to ask for a copy of the playlist as this set the mood just right. 5 stars!!!!

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We were in Tenerife for the day and took an excursion to Puerto De la Cruz. My teenage children can not remember ever having authentic Seafood Paella. We used TA to seek such a place. This has got to be the best meal I have had in years. The bread entree was so delicious with the garlic sauce. The Paella was scrumptious, my husband had a savoury pancake which he thoroughly enjoyed, he is hard to please!!! The service was fantastic and our leisurely lunch was such great value for money too. If you are in the area this is worth going out of your way to find. It is hidden away from the throngs of the usual commercial business, creating a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.

maru61, Propietario at Casa Mika, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank You.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation for dinner outside. The staff made us very welcome and we enjoyed an amazing paella, washed down with sangria. Very delicious restaurant, with an intimate atmosphere. A hidden gem on one of the most cutest streets in Puerto de la Cruz!

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came across this restaurant on our first night in Puerto. The waiter spoke fluent English and German, and provided an attentive service. The food was fresh and very well cooked. Midrange in terms of prices, tapas at about 6.50 euros each. We had an enjoyable experience.