All reviews cleaned every day except sunday budget apartments small outdoor pool sharp knife excellent supermarket boil water minute walk german tourist mount teide bars and restaurants self cater apartment hotel la paz area resort centre clean towels plaza del charco up hill
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I was a little apprehensive taking my one year old on holiday for the first time. However when I reached this hotel I was so relieved. We were given a room on the ground floor, there were steps up to the pool from our balcony and there was a gate as well as a door leading to the balcony which was nice as I could leave the door open knowing that my son couldn’t get out.
The area is quite quiet but enough going on not to get bored. There was a restaurant 2 mins walk away that had a singer in the evening which was perfect for us. Overall the area and hotel was relaxing and pretty. The weather was also perfect for this time of year :)
The hotel was clean and wasn’t crowded. The pools were a little cold but overall I couldn’t fault it.
I would 100% go back to La Carabela.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Just returned after 1wk with 2grandkids.very good as a base very basic economical apts.Staff helpful and friendly..we were in room 101b right next to the outside pool..the pool is very small and freezing cold but sunbathing its a suntrap.. very long walk downhill to the centre of town 5euros for taxi back up. there is a good bar/shopping area very close by if the hill is to steep to walk down/up..would recommend for families or older couples

Stayed: February 2018
Qmanagerservice, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Carabela Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Good Morning Mdm Pam B;
Many thanks for leaving your comment about La Carabela Apartments.
We are very happy to hear that you thought our hotel was fantastic and we certainly hope you will come back to our hotel again soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We are here presently.. staff great.. food looks ok but we are self catering.. receptionists are very helpful and bar staff.. downside is the shower and hot water is very lacking. The indoor pool is freezing.. too wet to use the outside pool.. looks ok but small and very basic.. just the lack of hot water is my main issue and I do mean cold.. not even warm. Lol. Have seen others ask for a room change but ours is spacious one room. Cleaners are excellent also. Defiantly a hike from town to here also very wet.. if you want a quiet pleasant holiday on a budget then come here.. if you want sun then go south of Tenerife.. £20 euro each way to playa del America's for a beach day. Bus 343 just outside the hotel..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Qmanagerservice, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Carabela Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Good Morning Mr Dave C
It is a pleasure for us to have guests who share their great experiences on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for leaving your comment about Apartamentos Pez Azul.
Best Regards

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Studio cleaned every day except Sunday. Reception staff very friendly. Covered pool was not heated though, and the noise from the laundry around the pool area was very annoying. Could do with an electric kettle! Only two English stations on tv both news. It is a lovely quiet complex, with a small bar, but we found it too cold in the lobby area to have a drink. We would stay there again. The free WiFi in your studio was very good and quick. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the locality although they cater mainly for the German tourist. We enjoyed our stay and would consider returning in the near future.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Qmanagerservice, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Carabela Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Good Mornning Bern777;
We would like to express our thankfulness for choosing our Apartments as your holiday’s destination. We all feel very honoured that you took part of your time to post a review about your positive experience in the hotel on TripAdvisor.
We hope to see you soon.
Best Regards.
Apartamentos La Carabela

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Read some previous reviews and I must admit I was a bit worried, this was the first time I have travelled abroad on my own. I was Not disappointed at all!
There are 2 blocks I was in the block above reception my front door had sea views, which were stunning and to the rear my balcony had hill views also overlooking the indoor pool and I had the sun on the balcony practically all day. The kitchenette was adequate with all the utensils I required, they Do Not have kettles, I read this and took a cheap one with me and a travel mug.
The bathroom was dated, but seriously how long do you spend in the bathroom, my bathroom even had a window with sea views
I found the receptionist to be fine and spoke with her in a few occasions, as my bus was due late afternoon I asked her if I could keep my room longer, she managed to arrange this with house keeping and for an extra 12€ I had my room till 3pm, brilliant I thought as I’ve stayed in other hotels which were unable to let me do this.

I did not eat here so I cannot comment on the food, however just a 1 minute walk away and you have a shopping complex and bars, pubs, take away pizza & shops so if you don’t want to walk up and down any hills you don’t need to!
Yes Puerto de la Cruz is hilly the town is built on a hill so expect it! It proved no problem from me and there are stairs you can go up as a short cut if you don’t want to walk the winding paths, it’s easily a 10 min walk into town and there is plenty to see and do.
Would I go back?... yes I would it’s budget apartments with no frills I thought it was spacious, very clean and basic, with stunning views.
I was here for New Year and watching from my balcony the firework displays were AMAZING I have never seen anything like it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Suzanne E

Good Morning Suzanne E;
Thank you very much for staying in Apartamentos La Carabela and many thanks for taking the time to review your experiences and sharing some highlights of your stay on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to have contributed to your holidays. It is a pleasure to know that our efforts to adapt to the needs of our customers have been productive.
We hope to see you soon.