“Brilliant location”

Ranked #41 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant location”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Had a brilliant holiday with family here in 2011, brilliant atmosphere and a variety of people. great location, some of our party had rooms with sea views and others with mountain views, both were brilliant!

clean rooms, good food and brilliant location.

Room Tip: Sea view room, brilliant views.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Four of us stayed a this hotel, had a lovely stay, nice room with a sea view. Good food, nicely presented, not a lot of sun loungers and they were quickly filed up early in the morning. Nice walk to the sea front and beach. Not to far from town. We will be back again this year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Me and my boyfriend went on our first holiday together in November for a long weekend to Tenerife.
Upon arrival at Luabay we received delicious complementary cocktails which we were very happy with, the receptionist staff were also very friendly.
Our bedroom was a very good size and very clean, we had a bath in our room. The only criticism I do have is the beds were two singles pushed together and one morning I did find myself on my own bed, the bedding was made for 2 singles too.
We were all inclusive, it was my first all inclusive holiday too. The breakfast was good with variety. In the evenings I resorted to veggie pasta as nothing else looked appealing, we did eat out one night. The drinks for all inclusive is very good ! And included free bottled water.
The pool wasn't very big, nor did it have many sun beds ! But was adequate, we didn't swim as it wasn't hot enough.
The location was ok.. Everything was walkable for example shops and more restaurants. The dolphin park was only 10 min walk which appealed to us. However if I was to go Tenerife again I would stay in a different part, the only real attraction to the area was the dolphin park which is worth a visit !
We got the hotel really cheap and do not have any complaints, it's really well decorated and the staff couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank IsabelleRose
Exmouth
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The bedroom and communal areas were good as were the staff in all areas. There was the usual problem with the sun loungers first thing in the morning with people putting their towels on them at 7am. I think the staff should have a bin to put them in if there is no-one there. I found the food always lukewarm and at times wondered if the meat was fully cooked. There didnt seem to be hotplates to keep the food hot. Children were helping themselves which I thought was not allowed but no member of staff seemed to do anything about it. They were always too busy and there never seemed to be enough of them. The entertainment I would not criticise because I dont usually see much of it. The only other point I would like to make is that this is not a holiday for older people or anyone wanting a quiet time. It was full of kids noisy spanish people and young couples. My travel agent led me to believe that this is where most older people go because there is nothing to do there. The young couples I spoke to said they enjoyed it. Perhaps travel agents should review this hotel again.

Room Tip: The higher floors are less noisy and have better views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patricia M
Administradors, Team Luabay at Be Live Adults Only Tenerife, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Patricia,
thank you for writing your review! It’s good to see that you enjoyed your holidays and liked our hotel. Details like the missing hotplates will be communicated to the regarding department of the hotel management. We pay very much attention on your opinions because we can improve our performance by this. Thank you for your contribution. We hope to welcome you again, soon.
Exmouth Devon
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My travel agent Thomsons recommended this hotel because it was quiter in the North than the South. I came on holiday with my sister for 10 days and we are in our sixties. The Hotel was lovely in itself and comfortable. We were however half board and found the drinks very expensive. Food was presented nicely but often cold because there were no heaters on the buffet
to keep it warm.Was disappointed there was no water on the table at dinnertime and no tea or coffee after dinner. Entertainment was diabolical. A duo who only sung in spanish, a magician who was mediocre and a jazz player who were all repetative Service from staff was excellent and were very helpful. However it was easter time, and there were a lot of spanish pensioners there making a horrific noise whilst watching television. Football was on every night and the lounge area was a free for all. very disapppointing. Also there appeared to be lots of children there who were running riot everywhere out of control whilst there parents were either sun bathing or drinking. I thought this hotel was for the older person who wanted peace and quiet, but it turned out not to be. I also thought the book in the room about the hotel stating some rules
i.e turning up for dinner in shorts,children unchaperoned going up to the buffet were not adhered to. The rooms were adequate and clean. I would certainly think twice before returning there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view on a higher floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Marion G
Thank you for your review, Marion!
As we are always eager to improve our performance, we appreciate your comments very much because they help us to improve our services. We will not only take note of the mentioned details in our special department in the hotel management but also treat them and change our offer according to it. Thank you for contributing!