1,119 results
All reviewsfirst floorsaladmount teideevening entertainmentmountain viewhalf boardloro parqueorchid gardenmobility problemsbuffet stylecorner roomfood on offersun loungersreception staffbreakfast and dinnerplenty of sunbedslarge balcony
Reviewed 22 November 2015

I stayed there a week, in November 2015, as part of a group, during a package tour.

The room was nice and fresh, with a balcony, newly renovated.
Renovation still ongoing, gradually, in the whole hotel, but, I got the feeling they are near the end of the renovation.
They started on the ground floor areas when we were there. But check this out if you are bothered about building noice.
Anyway it will probably be very very nice when it is all finished.

The room had a nice bed, good bathroom, refrigerator, desk, easychairs etc. It has all you need. Plenty of power sockets. Large wardrobe, with plenty of hangers.
Reasonably large room.

Free Wifi. It works tolerably in the room, but is very poor. You can read emails, and surf, sometimes very slow, but not upload photos. It requires a new code every day, for each device.

The room has a safe, but you need to pay an extra 17 Euro to use it (for a week).

Due to the hotel's location and the way it is built, all rooms have a splendid sea view. From one side of the hotel, Teide and the whole Puerto de la cruz, on the hillside, is in the view as well.

There's a reasonably nice circular pool, with rows of sunbeds, and a garden with a sea view.

Location:
10 minutes to town center, among many hotels. 10 minutes to the Lago Martianez swimming pools and a small beach. 30 minutes focused walk to the large beach at the west end of town. 15 minutes walk to the Jardin Botanico.

There's a nice street with a few shops and a nice cafe, just below the hotel, and a shopping center a few minutes away.

Puerto de la Cruz is located on a hillside, as are all towns on the north side of Tenerife. This means that any hotel except the ones located just by the seafront, requires ascending the relatively steep hill to get there from the town. I think, that if I hadnt seen this in all reviews, I might not have noticed.

Food:
The dining / breakfast room, presently, is located in the lowest floor, and it has a slight workplace canteen feeeling over it.

The breakfast buffet was ok, but no more.
There was a large selection, but the quality was not very good.
For instance, 10 different kinds of bread, none of them fresh.
The fruit buffet was nice though.

The dinner buffet was also disappointing. Different dishes every day, but most dishes were very bland, and also, the food was lukewarm. I think it would have been better with a smaller selection, but better quality, both for dinner and breakfast.
If I hadn't been with a tour group, and it was included, I think I would not have eaten there every day. (and I think tour companies should have this in mind also when selecting to use half pension.)

The kitchen is one floor above the dining room, which of cause does not improve the food quality. It could be that this is some kind of temporary arrangement.
Depending on the price of the half pension, I assume, it would be Ok, as an alternative for days when you don't feel like going out in search of a restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice views, but the view from the west facing rooms is more spectacular, including Teide, and the whole town.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank FiftyNiner
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are clean, fresh and very comfortable. The views are amazing and the staff extremely helpful. The location is also great - just a walk down to the sea. I was actually on crutches following ACL surgery so it was good rehab! We initially booked into a different hotel and just turned up on spec here. Who ever has decorated the rooms has done a good job!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FDempsey
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Such a pleasant change from modern hotel chains. The décor was very 70s, and to be frank it did look rather worn and weary in places, décor-wise. The staff were unbelievably helpful and friendly-nothing was too much trouble. One major fault was the non-existent wi-fi in my room. I run an online business, so this is a must and something that I had pre-checked, only to be informed that "Well, yes, you would have reception problems on the 6th floor!" To be fair, the staff let me use the hotel's PC on the one occasion that I really did need to use it.

The outdoor pool area was clean, and a great area to relax. Again, I have to emphasize once more how helpful and attentive the staff were.

The food was excellent, in my opinion. Breakfast was the usual buffet, but with a very good variety of offerings: something for everyone. Furthermore, I can highly recommend signing up for the half-board option, as the evening meals were invariably of excellent quality and a good choice of options.

Parking is tight, but free. Final point: the hotel is on a very steep slope, so please bear that in mind if you have mobility issues.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a full sea view if possible; mine had a partial view of Teide and the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank guitarhead
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We recently stayed at this hotel and enjoyed our stay. We found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. Unfortunately, we did not have a good start to our holiday. We read the reviews before booking and knew that the rooms below reception floor level were not served by lift. So if you wanted good views and use of the lift, you should book room 3 floors and above. We did this by paying extra for Room Upgrade. But on arrival we were put in a basement room 45 steps down. We were told that the hotel was full and there were no other rooms available. However after complaining that we had paid for the upgrade, next day in the afternoon we were moved to a room on the 4th floor. The staff were helpful to move our luggage from room below.
After that we settled down to enjoy our holiday. Hotel is at the top of a hill so we had good views of the sea and the mountain from our balcony. We enjoyed time by the pool and service was good.
Our bedroom was of good standard with a good shower and the room was kept clean. No tea making facilities so take you own kettle, voltage same as in UK. There was a fridge in the room.
Hotel provided music and entertainment in the evenings and a small dance floor. Bar service very good.
If you book with Thomson, please note that their Information Book at this hotel is in German only!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at higher level-floor3 or above, corner rooms give views on two sides.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Always a pleasure to stay at the El Tope. The check-in process is straightforward with friendly helpful staff. Rooms have recently been refurbished to a very high standard - comfortable beds and all facilities. All rooms have graet views over the town/Teide.
Food is always of a high standard, plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side get all day sun. All rooms have greats views.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank andyj969