1,302 results
All reviewssteep hillswimming pools arehalf boardbbc worldcourtesy busreception areabar staffbreakfast and dinnerstay at this hotel againall inclusive packagesaladpool viewevening entertainmentpublic areasplenty of choiceat lunchtimefamily holiday
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Good hotel , nice location,very good staff ,had a problem with a room but in split second was offered better one. Food was ok nothing special ,wi fi only in lobby.Local whiskey is horrible:-( . Good entertainment.Nice swimming pool.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel J
Dirección H, Director at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Daniel J

First of all thank you for having chosen our Hotel and also for sharing a positive comment with us.

We are very happy that we have lived up to your expectations and that you had a pleasant stay amongst us.

We hope to welcome you back for your next stay in Tenerife and thank you for taking your time to upload your valuable opinion to Tripadvisor.

Manager.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Dirección H, Director at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Stayed here in August, for 2 weeks. All staff were friendly and helpful. Found no nationality had preferential treatment. We were staying on an all-inclusive package and found that although the food quality was v. good there was little choice available in comparison to other all-inclusive hotels I have stayed in. Also the range of drinks available to all-inclusive customers was very limited with only one cocktail available for example. This may be down to the size of the hotel. There was also a limited no of sun loungers available, not a problem mid-week, however at weekends when the hotel was full it did become difficult to get a sun lounger if you were not up early. The lifeguards did enforce non-reservation of sun beds by removing towels and belongings left with no person around.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north west side, high er floors have the best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 1shep

Dear 1shep

Thank you for choosing to stay with us last month and we are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay amongst us and that you found our hotel comfortable and of good value.

Thank you also for your valuable remarks on our staff, we strive hard to offer our guests the best service possible and we are happy that you perceived our efforts. We also appreciate your comments on our AI inclusive drink service, they will be taken into account to better this aspect.
We are pleased that you mention the work of our lifeguards enforcing the non-reservation policy set in place, they do their best to comply with our rules in this aspect.

We appreciate the time you have taken to upload your feedback to Tripadvisor, this is important for us as it allows us to continually improve our services and meet the demands of all those who visit us.

Hoping you may visit us on a further occasion, yours sincerely,

Manager.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I have just finished my weeks holiday with my boyfriend as our first holiday together at this hotel as an all inclusive guest and I wasn't over all impressed!
I can not fault the cleanliness & SOME of the staff at this hotel but their the only things I can not fault. To start, it's just under €16 to use the safe for 7 days which I personally think should be included. €20 for wifi in your room but only 1 device can be connected for your whole stay, which we paid for as the wifi in the reception area wasn't great to get onto. No fridge in the room unless requested & paid for. The food wasn't great, I mean you wouldn't starve but was very POOR variety and repetitive, we ate out in the town a lot which wasn't far, 5-10 minute walk down a lot of steps so walking back up was a KILLER but only €3-4 in a taxi. Also the drinks variety was very POOR, very limited for all inclusive and they stop serving all inclusive at 11:30pm but can pay for drinks until 12pm, I was massively shocked at this! Only a water dispenser for all inclusive guest around the pool area, no bottled water unless payed for out of vending machine. We paid extra for a sea view which was nice. The room was okay, could do with updating and getting rid of the carpet would be nicer too. The daytime pool guard was a kill joy, couldn't even play with a inflatable ball even whilst no body else were in the pool & weren't allowed quiet music playing either as we were told to turn it off, having some music around the pool would give it a better atmosphere in mine and some other guests opinion. The night guard was very rude, a few of us were finishing off our drinks in the bar area quite late one night and had the lights switched out on us by him, and tried hurrying us along. The evening entertainment was poor also, very Spanish and rarely played an English song. I also noticed in reception some times had a sewer smell which wasn't very nice. People have said about their air con but we always slept with the door open being on the 4th floor and had the air con on over night but never bothered me the times it came on and switched off, I never felt uncomfortably hot in my room and never prevented me from sleeping luckily. If you don't get up early to reserve your sun beds you will find they'l all be taken even though theirs a sign saying not to reserve them but everybody does and the hotel doesn't in force this rule. The day time entertainment (water polo, water aerobics) I only participated once in and was okay but not always on even though advertised on the notice board that it was. The top pool could do with an update to make more inviting (a lick of paint). The bar food was no better than the restaurant food again, very POOR! We did a day at Siam Park which was AMAZING, it's worth doing the VIP ticket, as you fast track everything all day as many times as you want and get all food and drink included (apart from alcohol, sweets & chocolate). In school holidays this is worth doing as the queues were far to long and you couldn't possibly get on every ride without fast track! To be honest the north is not an ideal place to go for the younger generation, I'd definitely go back to Tenerife but would always go to the south, as a lot more things to do and better weather!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DF4444
Dirección H, Director at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear DaisyJade44,

First of all we would like to thank you for sending us your feedback on your stay amongst us through Tripadvisor and we regret that some aspects have not been as positive as we would have liked.

We would just like to inform you, and other future holidays makers, that our wi-fi, safe and minibar services and published on our website so that our clients are duly informed before travelling. Please excuse the inconveniences.

We would just like to inform you that at present we are refurbishing our rooms, changing the carpet for wooden floors, new curtains, mattresses, linen, flat Tv in order to fulfill the expectations of our customers.

We are sorry you did not enjoy our evening entertainment, we try hard to offer the best variety possible to cater for all nationalities.

In order to avoid our clients walking up the steps from town, we offer a shuttle bus service which does morning and afternoon trips at different intervals down to the Commercial Center Martiánez, at the bottom of the steps, and back to the hotel. It is a shame that you were not aware of this service.

We are really very sorry that your holiday amongst us was not to your satisfaction and that you would not visit the north of the island again. As you correctly state, on our side of the island the weather is different from that of the south, this is why it is so lush and green.

Director.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. I was not greatly impressed or greatly disappointed and was not going to write a review. That changed when I read a lot of reviews and the management responses. All other small details apart there are two major points that seem to feature in virtually every review and are simply ignored in every manager's response. These points also apply to us during our stay and they are : Air conditioning and wi fi.
Air conditioning: Where to start? This is Tenerife in August and they have the air conditioning on only from 3.30pm till 1.00am. Diabolical to say the least!!! To top it up mine was just slightly better than none, hardly made any difference. I complained in the first day and reception promised that they would get someone to look at it however nothing changed during my stay. Then my room was on the second floor just above the pool and road facing. Here the real fun starts: every night after 1 am I could not sleep because as soon as the little air conditioning I had did stop the room would become too hot (Tenerife in August remember?) so I had to open the veranda door for a bit of air. However then I couldn't sleep because of the noise of people sitting right underneath my room every night until very late. In addition the main road traffic can also be very noisy at times. So basically I had 7 sleepless nights.
Would I go back to this hotel? Possibly but I would request a sea facing room or at least one on the top floor which at least should eliminate the noise from the pool area. The problem is that when the hotel is at full capacity somebody needs to have these pool facing rooms in the lower floors.
Now for the WI FI. Again the word diabolical springs to mind. During the 7 days i had wi fi in the lobby area twice as it kept going off. Not even bothered to pay to have it in the room as didn't trust it to work properly. Even the 2 computers available to access the internet (at a cost) were out of order for at least every second day. In the year of 2016 it would not be too much to expect a reliable wi fi connection in a 4 stars hotel.
I also had to pay for a safe (20 euros) which if supplied free would be a really nice touch as well as a fridge for the room. Unless you have a safe your insurance or the hotel won't accept any liability for your valuables, so you have no choice really. You would expect that in this location in the height of summer all rooms would be supplied with a fridge and maybe a couple of bottles of water on them as a welcome gesture. These details would certainly impact on customer satisfaction and retention.
The staff overall were very polite and friendly, however the food (at all times) is nowhere near 4 stars, more like 2 or 3 at most. Dull, bland and cheap are some words that I would use to describe it.
The hotel overall is very clean and the pools are of a very good standard. During my stay the majority of the guests were Spanish speaking followed by German speakers, however I noticed a full range of other languages being spoken including English, and I have not come across any staff member who could not speak English to a good standard.

Room Tip: Definitely get a sea facing room!!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank RedtonyWigan

Dear RedtonyWigan

Thank you for having chosen our Hotel for your holidays in the town of Puerto de la Cruz and also for taking the time to share your experience amongst us with other Trypadvisor travelers.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback as it help us to improve and adapt our services to the requests of our customers.

Our website informs on the air conditioning, safe, minibar and wi-fi conditions so that our future clients are well informed before travelling. We are sorry you found difficulties in the use of our free wi-fi service in our Hall/Reception area. Please excuse the inconveniences.

We are also sorry that you did not like our Buffet but cannot be in agreement with you that the food we offer is dull, bland and cheap. Our Chef and his team work hard to offer a wide variety of culinary products to please the palates of those who visit us.

Thank you for you positive feedback on the cleanliness of our Hotel, on the pools and on the staff.

We regret your stay was not a satisfactory as you expected but we appreciate your comments as this way we can work on the negative points you mention in order to meet the demands of all our clients.

Director.