Review Highlights
Short tour

After being put off booking in the shop opposite the occidental playa, we were forced to book with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
HellsandPete
Aylesbury
via mobile
Lanzarote Highlights by Low Cost Tours

Coach tours will always be a compromise but there are several reasons to recommend this one. The... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Yet_Another_User_Nam

All reviews north tour wine tasting aloe vera plantation timanfaya national park la geria camel ride blue bus half day tour great tour guide small sample jameos del agua ferry crossing cesar manrique manrique foundation different languages great trip costa teguise
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful country but this tour was not value for money. We were on the coach over an hour before stopping to let half the people off who weren’t even going on our tour! We stopped at small cafe and chose a tiny roll each and two small coffees - I saw no prices on display and the cashier did not smile, make eye contact or tell me a price before just taking my money - it came to litttle under €15!!!!
Someone had taken our seats when we returned to the coach so we had to sit further back and I get motion sickness so this really spoilt the trip for me. The tour guide spoke Spanish, English and French but I could barely hear or understand her string accent over the tannoy so missed most of the information she was giving. The volcanos were amazing but I wouldve liked some time to wander around a bit and explore but we were rushed back into the bus to be driven through the the volcanic landscape which was breathtaking but when you can’t really hear the information and you’re staring out of a side window looking at it all with motion sickness it’s not altogether enjoyable.
The caves too were amazing but unless you were at the front of the group again you couldn’t hear the tour guide. When we booked the tour we were told lunch wasn’t provided but that we’d stop somewhere to get lunch and it would be buffet style and be €8, this was not the case. We stopped at a restaurant which seemed miles from anywhere and was very dated. Once again I could see no prices on display. I asked another person how much their food was and they said €11 for a small fish and chips. The food was not a buffet but on heating trays behind glass. We decided not to have anything because it would be too expensive after being ripped off previously with the first cafe stop. We were dropped off near our hotel a little after 4.30pm - being as we were picked up at 9am and drove for over an hour picking up others and then having a cafe stop before even starting to drive to our tour this meant less than six hours of the tour - most of it driving - which I don’t feel is a full day and certainly not value for money. Would not recommend this tour for seeing the beautiful, breathtaking sights of Lanzarote.

1  Thank Nicky L
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I booked a grand island tour with low cost tours.. the website was difficult to use. After standing outside with my autistic son the coach was a no show. I rang was told a dark red coach would turn up.. after another 10 minutes i got the hotel to speak to them.. they claimed i must have used a different website to book . I went into the main town and saw an office popped in and the man just acted like he didnt speak english.

Do not use this company stick to first minute. This nearly ruined my holiday.

3  Thank ecomsue
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Fascinating insights to the island, its culture and geology - great day out.

After a bit of faffing about with coaches the day got underway. Top guide who was extremely knowledgeable and friendly - helped us all get the most out of the day.

Camel rides not for us but there was something for everyone. I found the volcanoes fascinating and beautiful - a must see for the island. The very good lunch was a few quid extra but well worth it.

If you go on one excursion then make this it "the Lanzarote Highlights Tour" at 59 Euros

Caves also really interesting.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Very well organised tour . Comfortable coach with good driver . It is a big tour so be prepared for a long day . It was an excellent way to see different parts of the island with spectacular scenery . The guide was well informed and pleasant . We packed a tremendous amount in and saw places we would never have got to with a hire car .

1  Thank Norna2014
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Booked to go on the "South Tour" which I booked from my hotel sunbed. Booking was easy, and had instant confirmation plus a voucher which I downloaded to my phone.
Paid €33 per person, which was much cheaper than going through our rep.
We were picked up from our hotel and boarded a comfortable air-conditioned coach. Our guide, Erik, was excellent, very knowledgeable, friendly and great fun.
Our full day trip took us around all the main highlights of South Lanzarote, including El Golfo, Los Hervideros, wine tasting at La Geria, the Timanfaya visitor centre including an optional camel ride, and all this was before lunch!
Lunch itself was at a very pleasant place in Yaiza called El Campo. There was a choice of an all you can eat buffet lunch for €8 per person or you could have free time in Yaiza. We opted for the buffet and it was more than adequate, with plenty of choices and even included (watered down) rosé wine and bottled water.
The main highlight was after lunch, when we returned to Timanfaya national park, this time to see the volcanoes up close, observed some experiments and then back on the bus for a trip around the volcano route before returning to our hotel.
A very enjoyable day, highly recommended ☺