“North Tour”

Ranked #114 of 166 Tours in Lanzarote
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We did the North tour of Lanzarote on 28th May the coach was comfortable, but spent an hour picking up in the morning prior to commencement of the tour. The guide was great our only down side was the meal and one of the visits was at extra adding 32 Euro’s to the cost of the day out.

All reviews
"cesar manrique"
"cars waiting"
"costa teguise"

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful country but this tour was not value for money. We were on the coach over an hour before stopping to let half the people off who weren’t even going on our tour! We stopped at small cafe and chose a tiny roll each and two small coffees - I saw no prices on display and the cashier did not smile, make eye contact or tell me a price before just taking my money - it came to litttle under €15!!!!
Someone had taken our seats when we returned to the coach so we had to sit further back and I get motion sickness so this really spoilt the trip for me. The tour guide spoke Spanish, English and French but I could barely hear or understand her string accent over the tannoy so missed most of the information she was giving. The volcanos were amazing but I wouldve liked some time to wander around a bit and explore but we were rushed back into the bus to be driven through the the volcanic landscape which was breathtaking but when you can’t really hear the information and you’re staring out of a side window looking at it all with motion sickness it’s not altogether enjoyable.
The caves too were amazing but unless you were at the front of the group again you couldn’t hear the tour guide. When we booked the tour we were told lunch wasn’t provided but that we’d stop somewhere to get lunch and it would be buffet style and be €8, this was not the case. We stopped at a restaurant which seemed miles from anywhere and was very dated. Once again I could see no prices on display. I asked another person how much their food was and they said €11 for a small fish and chips. The food was not a buffet but on heating trays behind glass. We decided not to have anything because it would be too expensive after being ripped off previously with the first cafe stop. We were dropped off near our hotel a little after 4.30pm - being as we were picked up at 9am and drove for over an hour picking up others and then having a cafe stop before even starting to drive to our tour this meant less than six hours of the tour - most of it driving - which I don’t feel is a full day and certainly not value for money. Would not recommend this tour for seeing the beautiful, breathtaking sights of Lanzarote.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I booked a grand island tour with low cost tours.. the website was difficult to use. After standing outside with my autistic son the coach was a no show. I rang was told a dark red coach would turn up.. after another 10 minutes i got the hotel to speak to them.. they claimed i must have used a different website to book . I went into the main town and saw an office popped in and the man just acted like he didnt speak english.

Do not use this company stick to first minute. This nearly ruined my holiday.

1  Thank ecomsue
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Fascinating insights to the island, its culture and geology - great day out.

After a bit of faffing about with coaches the day got underway. Top guide who was extremely knowledgeable and friendly - helped us all get the most out of the day.

Camel rides not for us but there was something for everyone. I found the volcanoes fascinating and beautiful - a must see for the island. The very good lunch was a few quid extra but well worth it.

If you go on one excursion then make this it "the Lanzarote Highlights Tour" at 59 Euros

Caves also really interesting.