“Enjoyable glimpse of the North East of La Palma”
Review of Natour - Day Tours

Natour - Day Tours
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We booked the day bus tour of Green Palma and really enjoyed our experience. Contrary to one of the earlier reviews we found Rosi (or Rosie - sorry for the spelling) an excellent guide. The group was small but there were Spanish, German, Dutch and English speakers; we were the only two English speakers but never felt left out. Courteously the Dutch family said they didn't need commentary in their own language so it was only three languages! I am actually Finnish so couldn't complain - the guide's language skills were very impressive.

The tour gave a really nice overview of the greenest area of the island. The highlights for us were Los Tilos forage which is an amazing untouched area and San Andre which is a really beautiful village.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the tour, we would have gone on another one if we had another week to spend on the lovely island!

All reviews
"an excellent guide"
"on arrival"
"amazing scenery"

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We were picked up close to our apartment in puerto Naos at 8.30 am. The lady in the office who we booked our tour with two days previously was very friendly and helpful.

The guide on our bus spoke 3 langauges and explained that we would have to change buses at the El Pilar visitor centre. There were 3 tours going on, on this day, so we met up with the bus coming up from Santa Cruz. The guides managed to get us all on the right bus!

Then we drove up to the el Pilar refuge via a very narrow steep road. At the top we were dropped off at 10am and from there we had a fantastic days walk along the route of the volcanoes.

We managed to get to Los canarios at the end of the walk in time for the 3 pm bus which took us to Los Llanos and from there we got another bus to Puerto naos. We did the whole trip in under 5 hours , but we set ourselves a good pace as the next bus was at 5pm.

I think the rest of the walkers on the tour took as more leisurely pace and aimed for the later bus.

I would recommend Natours as a great way of getting to the top of this walk. At 15 euros each , we thought this good value and next time we return to La Palma, we will use them aagain for another independent trek.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Booked a bus tour to the Caldera from the Los Cancajos office, which included myself and a four-year old child. On the day boarded the bus, and on arrival at the National Park discovered what had actually been booked was a 16km hike. I explained that this could not be done with a four-year old, they agreed and ordered a taxi back to Los Cancajos.

The office were apologetic and quickly sorted out a refund, hence the two stars not just one.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

My boyfriend & I booked a coach excursion for our anniversary and although the views were indeed breathtaking our experience was dampened by the quality of service.

Our "guide" Rosie was one of the rudest people I've ever met and completely alienated us for the entire day. Because we were younger than everyone else on the coach (we're in our mid twenties and everyone else was 50 +) it's almost as if she ignorantly assumed we wouldn't be as interested in learning about La Palma's history!!!! How wrong she was! She ignored us for 98% of the journey, and as the only people on the coach who spoke English she decided to speak in German and Spanish for everyone else instead! Every now and then she'd speak in English for us but would go off script and give us a very brief and watered-down version so we basically missed out on all the historical information. It was so frustrating and very disappointing.

Such a shame. I would never go back and Rosie needs to learn a thing or two about customer service. As paying customers we should have been treated with the same respect and value as everyone else.

I will be informing my friends and family about the poor experience with Natour Tours that almost ruined our anniversary.

3  Thank CybLindaAnne1
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I did not drive whilst on the island but did a hiking trip to the 'Top of the Island,' over 6km to the highest point of the island at 2426 metres. We were split into two groups of about 15 each and at one point were given the option of a bus pick up if we felt unable to continue. The views are spectacular, the guide knowledgeable and clearly an experienced hiker. It is necessary to be reasonably fit and wear appropriate gear with everyone given a walking stick to assist on some of the irregular ground. A full day with a 9am hotel pick up and 5pm return. A great day out.

My second trip was less energetic, being 'The Fascinating South'. This covering, as indicated, the south of the island which otherwise I would have missed. The two main highlights for me were the Saltpans although it was disappointing that fuller information was lacking at the site on the production process. There were plenty of visitors and it was a pity they did not make more of this attraction. The second highlight was the chance to take a 30/40 minute walk from the bus in the Parque Nacional to see the very impressive crater at the Caldera de Taburiente.