All reviews business hotel las palmas gran canaria rooftop pool business trip free airport shuttle shopping centre el corte ingles rooms are small four star hotel top floor santa catalina bus station location is excellent lobby gym salvador balcony
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively round Europe and usually one night stays. This hotel is perfect for that. Modern, clean and stylish. If you are picking up a cruise ship you can walk to the dock. Nice dressing gown and all the extras you need for a short stay. Great shower, soft pillows,just as I like them, and great view from 17th floor.
Tv could have more English speaking channels ( a problem a lot of hotels have.) Breakfast ok, not fantastic. Bacon mushrooms wouldn’t go a miss. Breakfast tea was undrinkable. YES.... good toaster. Nice selection of breads. I would highly recommend for short stay. However Las Palmas not the best place to go for any length of time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We have just stayed at the hotel for a week (end of July/early August) and as with our previous numerous stays there my wife and I had an excellent stay. We had a high floor room and the room itself was spacious and comfortable with espresso coffee maker and a safe.The reception staff were friendly and helpful notably Salvador and Gisele who have excellent people and communication skills. The hotel is ideally located for Las Canteras beach and only a short walk to the shops on Mesa y Lopez. Ideal hotel to stay for overnight business trips or a week long leisure holiday. We always look forward to coming back.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CAF75
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

If your looking for a cost effective holiday over the school holidays this is the place to go for a 7 day break. The hotel is very clean with a pool on the roof. The beach is amazing which is only 5 min walk. The location is very Spanish however this means lower prices when eating out. The staff at the hotel are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The receptionist who checked me in was amazing. Thank u

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I went twice this year. The first part of the review here is for for July's business trip, the second for August's leisure trip.

- I came here July, moving from stays at AC iberia to a stay at AC gran canaria as Iberia highered up its pricings (AC gran Canaria's location is much more convenient). The first impression was the same: we are here in hotels which really comply with four star hotels standards (it is not always the case in Las Palmas) and the service is very good. Rooms are a bit different from AC Iberia: here, you wil find a coffe table (meaning table for two with chairs) where inthe other location, you will find a desk.

Reception staff is in mostly all cases always helpful when needed, which makes it good to come. I received items ordered from el corte ingles in my room and could even leave a wallet until my next return trip !

Breakfast is similar in both hotels and excellent. I personally do not use them , but find great to see organic products such as rice milk, tea etc.. where in other places this does not exist. There are tea/coffe making facilities and nespresso coffee is provided periodically as a complementary item.

When I returned august, this was the same, I found back the same senior staff and women always as convenient at the reception, same service (I had to call for plumbery issues, immediately fixed etc..).

Finally, If I have to conclude, the impression of a high level four star hotel is more significant at AC iberia, due to the lobby which is greater. But honestly, AC iberia is nice if you move in/out by taxi : parque san telmo and calle triana are five minutes away, but during these five minutes walk, you feel lost in a cold place in between buildings.

As both compete well, I guess it will be the timing and the price offers (it finally makes it expensive to go in town everyday) which will determine my choice. Also, I would like the rest of my family rto discover AC iberia once at least. We will see... As my Mariott member card is here, It won't harm to make a final decision anyway...! I used it in the US and got welcomed four days at the executive floor of JW Mariott in Bangkok.
What a souvenir !

Room tip: For a full city view, ask for high floors, else a room at 4th or 5th with a view to the front side of hotel (muelle and port).
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Soukeina A
Reviewed 23 July 2018

no good for people with leg disabilities ,there is no lift to the 24th floor where the swimming pool is . from the 23rd floor there is six flights of steps plus no toilets , other than let it is a very good hotel , five minutes to the beach and near to many cafes and good restaurants

Date of stay: June 2018