All reviews odd thing piping hot water big supermarket next door clean towels every day noise from the street table and two chairs excellent room small fridge after midnight spanish city the bus nice hotel cleaned daily easy access beach promenade restaurants and shops breakfast room
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Stayed 2 nights and averaged around 5 hours sleep both nights according to my fitbit.

Problem is single glazed patio doors and window in shower room. They let in a lot of noise from the traffic and people in the streets, machines on the beach and dogs barking in the street. You get wakened up early in the morning and can't get to sleep until 2/3 in the morning when you eventually fall asleep from exhaustion! The normal noise of other guests banging about corridors, talking loudly in other rooms added to my frustration but can't blame the hotel for that. You get this in any hotel without sound proofing.

To add to my sleep problem it was impossible to keep light out of the room as the window in shower room lets in light from the street that floods into the room as there is glass separating the bedroom from the shower room. I was with my husband but this set up could be uncomfortable for other guests as you can look into the shower room and see people using the toilet and when showering you are looking into the bedroom. Also, the curtains do not fit the patio doors totally and there is a light on the balcony that can not be switched off so light from this comes into the room.

The aircon unit in our room was broken and the room was hot. Could not open patio doors due to noise problem. Can say this was the worst sleep experience out of all the hotels I've ever stay in.

On a positive note the hotel has a lovely entrance and reception area. Close to beach, shops, restaurants etc. The wifi is good when it works and the hotel is very clean.

Room tip: Don't think there are any rooms that would ensure a good nights sleep
Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank E14McK
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Booked this in January 2017 when running in the Las Palmas half marathon. Very clean, good location just across from the beach. The indoor market over the road has a really good atmosphere at weekends with lots of little bars offering Tapas.
The staff in the hotel were very friendly.
Strange bathroom might be a bit embarrassing if you went with a friend.
Several comments have said this is noisy but we didn't find so.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights from Saturday 11 to Monday 13 March 2017. I chose the hotel as have a walking disability and walk with a crutch and I was looking for a property by the beach with a lift and walk in shower.
I travelled to the hotel by taxi from the airport and the journey took about 20 - 25 minutes. The taxi driver explained to me that he couldn't drop me off in front of the hotel but he parked as close as he could and it just took a minutes walk to get there.
The hotel is located on a corner so it's at an angle, rather than directly facing the beach front.
The hotel is located on the north end of Playa Canteras, which is considered to be one of the world's best city beaches and it's a minutes walk to the beach from the hotel. Everything is near by with a wide choice of restaurants, small supermarkets, gift shops and a good bus service.
Arriving at the hotel I found there was a small flight of stairs from the ground floor to the first floor reception and then there was a lift to the other floors. I arrived after 8pm and was informed that the hotel was busy so that I had been allocated a room on the 1st floor and I was handed the key and made my own way to my room. During my stay the staff were very polite although they didn't initiate conversation, they answered my questions when I needed information. I think that may have been part to my Spanish being non existent and I'm unsure about their level of English.
My room was quite spacious and had been recently refurbished. It was clean, tidy and well maintained. In the bedroom was a double bed, bedside tables, desk and chair and plenty of wardrobe space. There was an electronic safe inside the wardrobe, a small fridge, which was empty, flat screen TV (there were 2 or 3 English news channels). Wifi was free and I had excellent reception. There was air conditioning but it appeared to be not working during my stay.
The en suite bathroom consisted of a walk in shower, with non slip flooring, toilet and two sinks. There was a constant supply of hot water and the water of the power shower was excellent. There are two windows in the bathroom, one by the shower and the other above the two sinks, this means that if you had company in your room the other person would be able to see you in the bathroom. So although this didn't concern me as a solo traveller it may be awkward depending on who you share with.
Also in the room was a complementary, small bottle of water and two chocolate bars along with a personalised letter welcoming me to the hotel. However there was no hotel information guide with details about TV, use of safe, breakfast times, etc
There was a patio door with access to a balcony where there was a table and two chairs. I had paid for a sea view, I think it would have been more accurate to say I had a partial sea view and my balcony overlooked the café on the opposite side of the street, which had some outdoor seating. Even with the patio doors closed I could hear street noise until well after midnight on both evenings and I found it difficult to get to sleep initially. My room was on the 1st floor and I think if I returned I would only stay there if I could be guaranteed a room on one of the upper floors.
The hotel as a lovely roof terrace on the 7th floor, which has both tables and chairs and sun loungers and there are great views of the beach and in the opposite direction the port area.
The hotel offers breakfast for an additional cost and I didn't have this. There are also some vending machines in the reception area.
My room had been recently refurbished but I noticed that in the reception area a counter had been built and building work behind it was still unfinished. I'm not sure how far the hotel is with completing its refurbishment but I was not aware of any taking place during my visit.
Overall I was very happy with my stay, although I wouldn't rule it out, personally due to the street noise I probably wouldn't stay there again, but if you're looking for a beach holiday and want to be located in the centre of things I would highly recommend it.

Room tip: Avoid the 1st floor as there is a lot of street noise, if a sea view is important ask to see the room 1st
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank lovetotravel1704
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

The ideal base away from the British winter.
Not cheap but we did pay extra for the sea view and larger room. In a nice corner of north canteras beach- 100m away. Surrounded by restaurants, bars and shops. Very comfortable and nice and quite if we pulled the door shut on the balcony!
Comfortable bed, excellent power shower and friendly staff. What isn't to like?

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank murray1963
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Stayed at Hotel Aloe Canteras for a week February 2017. The hotel has a very good location near the famous Playa Canteras beach, local buses nearby, a taxi stand around the corner, a lot of shops, bars and restaurants everywhere, and only 15 minutes by taxi to the old town.
We got a room with a balcony on the first floor and with a nice wiew to beach.
The room was not big, but have a good queen size bed, a huge closet with lot of hangers, a big shelf for shoes etc, an electronic locked safe, a refrigerator, 2 chairs and a table at the balcony, BUT – the door to the balcony could not be locked. There was lot of noises from the street long into the evening (night), and early in the morning some machinery was cleaning the beach and the promenade.
Most peculiar the was two big windows from the room into the bathroom – WHY ???.
If there’s a place you need privacy is at the bathroom, strange thing ever seen.
AND worse – in the shower there is a window (with frosted glass though) into a shaft with some plumbing. On the other side of this shaft there is a similar window into the next room. If anybody went into the bathroom during the night and turns the light on it will shine heavily into the next room. We were woke up several times because of this, and eventually I had to blind this window with my raincoat to avoid the light.
Breakfast at the hotel is a buffet with some hot (not) and cold dishes, coffee, tea, yoghurt, cereals, jam and some types of very good bread.
Even if all the benefits regarding the room itself and the location and a friendly and helpful staff, I would not stay at this hotel again until the mentioned windows blinded permanently.

Date of stay: February 2017