“¡Best Reastaurant in San Sebastián!”
Review of La Forastera

La Forastera
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is by far and away the best place to eat in this small capital of the small Canary Island, La Gomera. There are only 14 covers and these have to be booked if you want to eat before 9.00pm. Light jazz music playing through the system and pretty little tables on the pavement provide a cosy ambience for the evening. The owner, Maître D, is a vivacious multi-lingual lady who paid me the courtesy of not answering in English when I exercised my rather poor Spanish. My Moroccan cod tagine was superb as was my wife’s veal ravioli. When we return next time I shall try the smoked salmon and coquille St. Jacques salad, which sounds amazing. A good bottle of reasonably priced Rioja was a good accompaniment to a wonderful evening. Highly recommended - but remember, YOU HAVE TO BOOK!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here yesterday. Be sure to book in advance though. They were able to make a lovely vegetarian dish too.

1  Thank Paradise399951
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We visited twice and had to book in advance each time as this great place is always full. The food was excellent and innovative, the welcome and service were very good with the waiter very attentive despite being very busy. Would highly recommend as one of the best small restaurants we have visited

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Have been to La Gomera many times but this was my 1st meal here. It always is busy and I know why.
I had the beef carpaccio appetizer and the duck confit for dinner. Both were excellent
Others had the cod and it was very good also.
Salamanders is my favorite place but this is a close 2nd

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The restaurant is small and always fully booked, so getting in was the first challenge. Finally we got a table but as said here before, all the tables are outside and in a cold, windy night that is not the most pleasant way to enjoy your dinner. The menu is short but well considered, except that there were few gluten-free options available and nothing gluten-free for dessert. Friendly, but a bit hasty service.