All reviews one night easy access base to explore spent nights main building hotel pool salad menorca beaches minorcan holiday
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Enjoyed visit here two years ago in late May and were tempted back by a good value special offer for early October. Had mixed weather but found good walking for cloudy days and lovely quiet beaches on the sunny days. The sea was really warm at this time of year so we didn’t need to use the hotel pool.
This is a small and friendly hotel set in the quiet of the countryside but in close proximity to Cuitadella and easy access to the main Me1 road. Nowhere in Menorca was too long a drive away. The local road does have dry stone walls on each side and is quite narrow so wouldn’t recommend going out and drinking heavily in the evening!
The food is good quality though the menu choices were rather restricted at this end of season time of year. Nice buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Worth choosing superior room with terrace or patio although there are plenty of nice places to sit outside in the well kept garden areas.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Amazing farm in which we booked one large room to accommodate us and our baby with the greatest amount of confort possible. We were lodged in one of the rooms on the annex (ancient stables) and we were very happy for that. Our baby got the fever the first night and he was most confortable a little bit away from the main building. Plus, the space available was exactly what we were looking for and needed. All personnel were extremely caring and thoughtful, and we were even able to have dinner served on one of the terrasses of our room during a marriage that took place in the facilities one of the nights. Very good feeling and very very willing to go back to this amazing island and stay at Saint Ignasi.

Room Tip: If you want space and tranquility choose one of the Deluxe rooms, on the transformed old stables
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MatosAzevedoAna
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Classy and nature-oriented hotel in a wonderful rural setting just minutes from Ciutadella. Quiet, peaceful, refined setting and service. The staff is friendly and unobtrusive, but always here when needed. Scenery assistants for breakfast under the oaks include a peacock (named Ignasi :) and a rooster. Hammocks are nearby, with a million birds giving the serenade.
A wonderful place for relaxing, for couples, for families. Ciutadella's shopping and night life are only 2 minutes by car away, but mercifully unheard.

The food is refined and local.

You will need a car, and this isn't the cheapest place. But well worth it if you enjoy nature and refined service.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

My wife and I spent 6 nights half-board in this rural hotel a stone's throw from Ciutadella. Absolutely need a car if using this as a base to explore Menorca. It's not a luxury hotel but a converted country house that has charm, is clean, has a good pool and some quirky gardens, complete with resident peacocks and chickens (occasionally wanted to throttle them when they started up at 5am), We visited the bustling beach resorts whose names are familiar from the brochures but were pleased to return to the quiet of the hotel for a late afternoon swim. Half board meant we ate from a three-course dinner menu each evening with a choice of three dishes for each course. There was generally an 'amuse bouche' as well. Some of the meals were excellent (e.g pork 'secreto') a few less so and they don't go big on vegetables, so we learnt to balance our menu choices. The dining ambiance was very good sitting out under umbrellas with the gardens and pool area lit up after dark. Breakfast buffets were very good with a huge choice (but how I hate sterilized milk in tea though). What made the stay so much nicer was the staff. They were Individuals with personalities that engaged with the guests, as well as providing excellent service. We shall remember many of them fondly. I would recommend for couples and families who like rural charm and are content with making their own entertainment.

Room Tip: There's no lift, so the 2nd floor is hard work for those of advancing years. There are also separate rooms away from the main building.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alfredodegarcia
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights in May and have taken the time to allow the hotel to at least apologise for the problems but as my agent has reported 'they don’t take kindly to criticism'
We had a 'grand suite' the room was great but then the problems start
1. we ordered coffee and cakes to eat on the terrace which was delivered but despite asking some,18 hours later all the waste and dirty cups where still on the terrace --even the chamber maids left it.
2. the waste bin in the lounge had a lid on it and my wife placed a rather expensive (over £80) tote bag on top to avoid attracting ants--the chamber maid took the bag as waste and removed it leaving all the normal waste bottles paper etc. not collected--when I asked reception is was a case of --its was placed on waste bin so removed--when I asked why the other waste had been left I got a shoulder shrug. I demanded the waste area be searched immediately and after quite a while--and nowhere near the bins--the bag turned up
3.when we checked in there was no soap in the room which is not a problem because my wife treats herself to a Joe Malone bar for holiday--on day 2 the joe Malone soap was removed and replaced with a vile olive oil cube of soap--I again asked reception to chase to get the same shoulder shrug
4. the hotel sits next door to working farm which keeps many many dogs for hunting--despite other comments that they only bark when fed we found they barked day and night--we have dogs ourselves but the noise was a real problem--ironically the noise cannot be heard in the main hotel and only disturbs the 'grand suites ‘again I asked reception to get nowhere.
5. Meals are a serious let down and mega expensive. Menu of the day should read menu of the stay as it never changes. One guest I heard complaining about drinks cost as a UK measure of G&T cost her 10 euro
This is advertised as a quality hotel quiet and great service is sadly is expensive and poor service and gave me the impression was struggling both with staff and management.
I would not recommend and hotel that can’t apologise when challenged or give a reasonable response when spoken to by my agent--he is considering dropping this place
Give this place a miss or be disappointed

Room Tip: dont stay here in the first place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple