“Delicious”
Review of Smoix

Smoix
Ranked #5 of 211 Restaurants in Ciutadella
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean cuisine. We love local and seasonal products.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I felt compelled to write this review in response to the previous review which was penned by my dining partner and beloved girlfriend.......

About half an hour before we left our accomodation my partner had started to mention feeling slightly off colour and not very hungry, but because I felt it was bad form to "just not go", we went....

Arriving at the restaurant we were warmly greeted and shown to our table near the bar, the table was attractive as was the cutlery and crockery........quality stuff....

I ordered a Gin and Tonic (local gin naturally) whilst we made our selections, I chose the Crayfish Ravioli and Sirloin Steak with roasted Lleks, she the Lobster Spaghetti....

The ravioli was a taste sensation, generously filled with delicious crayfish and the sauce was delightful too.......i offered some to my companion, she ate some and shrugged ever so slightly.......apparently the sauce was mushroom based........this amazed me, as I despise mushroom, (it is second only to cucumber in the list of nasty things to put in your mouth).

In return I tried the Lobster Spaghetti, which was also wonderful.

I was warned by our waitress that the sirloin would be served cold, but she needed have worried it was fantastic, the pea puree, roasted baby leeks, and vinaigrette made a fantastic plate of food, sadly no amount of cajoling could tempt Nina into trying some, oh well, more for me........

As it was clear my companion was not having much fun we decided to forgo a sweet course and head back to the ranch.........would have loved to have tried the white chocolate soup with brownie........and they serve wine by the glass, which is a bonus..

Ultimately if you don't fancy going out for dinner and you go, the chances are that you won't enjoy it as much as a person who does want to go out for dinner.........perhaps we should have cancelled, as they had to turn diners away.......i though am glad we didn't.

1  Thank Mark W

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Agreed with previous review..left disappointed food wise fell a bit flat. Also lack of atmosphere ..3*

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We went following the reviews and finished dinner a bit disappointed, food was good but nothing too special. Overpriced in our view.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We were staying in Cala'n Bosch and after a couple of nights of disappointing food, ventured into Cuitadella. Having seen the positive reviews on Smoix, we booked a table online and were not disappointed. The restaurant is on a side street away from the main square with no outside seating. The interior is modern, staff are friendly and happy to answer any queries about wine and food, so the overall feeling of the restaurant is informal.

The menu is small, but this allows the kitchen to focus on serving good quality, well presented food. An amuse bouche of bread and gazpacho was provided. We tried beetroot and anchovy on toast and the cod with aubergine empanada appetisers both of which were delicious. We then tried crayfish and suckling pig tostadas, which were full of flavour. The pork was very tender. We also tried the sirloin of beef, which was served medium rare and at room temperature. There was also a local fish dish which was also beautifully cooked. We were rather full at this point, but a couple of our party managed desert, and thoroughly enjoyed the apple strudel.

We were very happy with the food and level of service, and decided to return for another meal, partly because we really wanted to sample the suckling pig on the main course, which was not ready on the night we first attended. Locals tend to eat later in Spain, and the restaurant did not open for service until 8.00 pm. The pork was not ready until after 9.00 pm.

There is a good wine selection, which we did not consider was over priced. I would certainly visit the restaurant again if I was in Cuitadella.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Great & quiet atmosphere, very stylish. The service was very good and the food and wine amazing. We ordered Verdejo wine, very fresh and fruity.
For dinner we had cigala ravioli (delicious) and also cod and tuna. For dessert we had lemon pie. Everything was very good.