“Good & the bad”

Sa Placeta
Ranked #102 of 211 Restaurants in Ciutadella
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here, service was good.
In quieter part of Ciutadella.

I had chicken bbq pizza which was excellent, my wife had spaghetti bolognese which was pretty poor to be honest.

Recommend the pizzas though & reasonable prices.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stopped her for lunch. Just had baguettes and chips which were nice enough. Very good service though, including insisting that 1 portion of chips would be enough for the 3 of us when we tried ordering 1 normal portion for us and 1 tapas portion for our son.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The daily menu is ok. The starters were really tasty but the main courses were a bit disappointing in general.

One of us ordered chicken and I must say that it was horrible. The rest was fine.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I just been treated by one of the waiters in in this place like if I was a piece of rubbish.
I just dared to ask what was the menu of the day as it is advertised outside. You have two choices one for 9 Euros and another one for 12.50 Euros. However it doesn't say what's on offer so I decided to ask as any normal person would and it was when this waiter (an older man) just answered with a grunt not even paying attention to me.

He has no excuse about the language as I am a Spanish speaker.
Another waiter (a younger one) took over because I'm sure he realised his colleague had just been so rude,arrogant and ignorant to me.

The younger waiter tried his best to put it right but it was too late. It is a real shame that you get treated like this in a such popular destination like this, right in the centre of town.
The food look alright but no one needs to be treated like this.
This man is just going to make more people not wanting to go there. I'm certainly never going back.
If you happen to be there ask the younger waiter and avoid the grumpy old man.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Set in the beautiful square of Plaça D'Atrutx in Ciudadella, this family run business is a wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by. Initially it looks quite small on the inside but there is also a dining area upstairs, combined with a substantial seating area immediately outside and more just across from the bar next to the waterfall.

The menu is quite extensive, prices are very reasonable and the quality of the food is superb. The service is of a high standard. I would suggest a lunchtime and evening visit in order to appreciate the diverse crowds.

Date of visit: July 2016