“Not amazed”
Review of Piqniq

Piqniq
Ranked #2 of 211 Restaurants in Ciutadella
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Description: Close to Plaça Nova de Ciutadella de Menorca, we propose you homemade gourmet food with fresh and quality products: cold and hot dishes, burgers, salads, desserts and pastries, homemade limonade / ginger-lemon / iced tea, 100% natural juices (cold pressed), coffee, tee, wine, beer. We do not forget vegetarians & vegans. Order your picnic, lunch or diner and enjoy on the beach, on a boat, at home and wherever you want to. Summer: open 7 days a week from 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM & 7:30 to 11:00 PM except monday night. If you place your order the day before, you can take it away from 8:30 AM. We speak english and french too! Dans un petit local du centre historique de Ciutadella de Menorca, nous proposons des pique-niques à emporter où vous voulez ; dans les plus jolis lieux de la ville, à la maison, à l'hôtel, en bateau, en randonnée, à la plage... C'est vous qui choisissez, et nous vous préparons tout, dans nos emballages spécifiques et recyclables, nous prêtons également des glacières.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for some takeaway sandwiches to bring to the beach. To be honest, we were rather disappointed. The selection wasn’t wide and the sandwich bread was rather on the sweet side. But to be fair, we only tried one type of sandwich - caprese- so possibly we just didn’t pick right. It definitely looked like a nice place.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Having read about Piqniq prior to arriving in Menorca, I was keen to take my wife. We arrived late for lunch, expecting to get a take out. However, there was room to eat on the side bar so we eat in. I ordered the rice Piqniq pork, lemon pie with lemon and ginger drink and my wife had the ramen, brownie and a beer.

All I can say is, wow! We like to think we are perfectionists when it comes to ramen and, good grief, this was perfection.

This is a fast food establishment with high end restaurant standards. The staff are so friendly, food great and feel of the place sublime.

By the way, they were due to close at three thirty but the wonderful lady serving was more than happy for us to finish at our leisure, way past that time.

Thank you so much.

1  Thank Malcolm N
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We went to this Take Away because we thought we would get a good choice of gluten free food. I am afraid I was disappointed. The only thing I could see was a chicken and rice dish with pico de galo which I ordered. It was nice but nothing exciting. No extra effort really. Just plain ordinary food. My husband who does not require gluten free had a chicken sandwich but there was so much oil it made him feel queasy after he had eaten it. So our takeaway lunch cost €14 euros and did not impress either of us. I don't like giving negative feedback but I think people need honesty. If they still want to try, that is their choice.Sorry Piqniq but more choice would certainly help us Coeliacs.

1  Thank Mel R
Solyciuta, Propriétaire at Piqniq, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Sorry that you didn’t look at the menu or take my advice. We have a lot of gluten free dishes and desserts. And you paid 11,50€ and not 14€. I think you do like write bad reviews... Anyway thanks for coming. PS: it wasn’t oil but pesto in the sandwich and you are the only one customer who did not like it, as the rice options (tree versions of it), it’s a best selller.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

5 of us, have just eaten here....it’s amazing for anyone that wants a healthy freshly cooked sandwich/pasta or meal, perfect for vegetarians, but also plenty of choice meat lovers.

Only down size to little takeaway shop, is that it’s small, however it does the job and was lovely for lunch

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This is fast take away food done right. I stayed in Ciutadella for 3 weeks as part of a field school and many evenings my friends and/ or I would eat here, as it was right around the corner from our residence in the Old City. The ingredients are as fresh as it gets and local to the island. The food is delicious and made with love. The burgers... oh my god. Delicious. The brownies were amazing as well! I wish there was a Piqniq here in the States where I live!

Date of visit: August 2018