All reviews puro hotel puro beach club private wing balinese beds old town the main hotel free shuttle roof terrace design hotel hotel guests great boutique early hours perfect location nice breakfast coffee machine special thanks amazing hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I've stayed in this hotel in Middle August 2018 to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend, I was disappointed with the amenities, the room I've paid for was supposed to be deluxe and I've paid a high price for it, but got a small room nothing like the pictures they've advertised or the priced I've paid, the furniture is old and tired, the bathroom was very big unnecessarily so, considering the room was very tiny, it was not very private and the door keys didn't work properly, every time we leave the room we have to go to reception to recharge it again, we end up with 4 keys which non of them worked, we complained a number of times and every time they've told us someone will come to change the batteries of the door but I don't think it happened because we have the same problem every day for 5 days we stayed there. the only positive thing I have to say about this hotel is that it is very centric and the staff was friendly, it also has a nice roof top bar, nothing over the top, just nice... in General I would not stay here again, I think they've completely ripped us off, and it is definitely not worth the money... They don't even provide you with standards like water every day, they gave us one bottle each the firs day and that was it... stay away from it if you can help it.

Room tip: all rooms are small and pocky - don't stay in this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GIOVANNI M, General Manager at Purohotel Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Ceila,

Thank you for such a deep review even though the conclusion is not very satisfiying. We seriously apologize for the issue with the room keys. We understand that coming downstairs every time your keys were deactivated was tedious so after your departure we carried out a full check of all our electronic locks.

Regarding the size of the room, we are unhappy you saw it out of scale -small bedroom and large bathroom-. Out boutique hotel has no identical rooms and all of them have been designed and decorated individually, so it’s a tough marketing task to portray each of them on our website so our guest don’t think we’re lying to them. That’s why we always recommend a first contact via email prior to confirm your reservation in order to get the most accurate info about our venues and facilities.

At least you confirm our team is helpful and service minded, so we would gladly welcome you back to Puro to make you change your mind if you’re open to do so.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We stayed here back in June, this hotel does not have 'panoramic views' there is no pool and they were refurbishing the restaurant, which no one told us. They gave us incorrect information about parking, which saw my partner driving round for an hour needlessly trying to find replacement parking.
We booked to go to Purobeach, where we should have had discounted rates. They charged us full price, then acknowledged we had been over charged but refused to give us a refund. In short, I wouldn't bother staying here- you can get much better accommodation for the money and much better service.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GIOVANNI M, Gerente at Purohotel Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Ms, Chipchase,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the time you took reviewing us. It's obvious we did not fulfilled your expectations nor informed you accordingly about the status of venues and services.

Puro has a hot tub and a small plunge pool in the rooftop with city views that other guest have considered "amazing". Regarding the restaurant service, we apologize for not being able to accomodate our guests indoor for a few days. Nevertheless our OPIO staff was fully operative both at the terrace and the palm patio, where the breakfast was served.

Unfortunately we do not have parking places. There is however a public car park situated 150m from Purohotel, where you can leave your car for a cost of approximately 26€ per day.

Also, all hotel guests get discounted rates at Purobeach Palma and Illetas.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us directly via info@purohotel.com to enjoy your next visit in Palma.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We booked a suite but it was nothing like the pictures and not what we expected or paid for. It had daggy and tired furniture, stained leather bean bag chairs plonked on the floor (meant to be the separate lounge area) and boring white walls and dark veneer floors. When I spoke to reception about it, they assured me it was a suite... we must have just got the worst suite in the hotel as it was very lacklustre. They gave us a free bottle of (house) wine to make up for it as the hotel was fully booked and they couldn’t move us. I would have preferred a discount or cheaper room that looks like the luxe boho rooms from the brochure and website - they definitely need to update their photos as there’s fair bit of false advertising going on. Surprised it’s still on Mr and Mrs Smith to be honest. Service was friendly and location is great. Rooftop bar is nice although they ran out of snacks at aperitifs time and couldn’t offer us anything, not nuts or crackers, nada. Overall this hotel has almost got it, it’s so close, but just disappoints at every corner, especially at the finish line. I don’t think I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angie S

Dear Angie,

Thank you for your words. We really appreciate the time that our guest take to review their stay. As all our rooms are different and they do have a different charm, we can not confirm you the location of the bathroom in the rooms or if the rooms will be duplex or not. We confirm the category you've reserved and we do our best to give you the kind of room that you are asking for, as it is always subject to availability.

August is traditionally one of our busiest periods of the year, so we seriously apologize if you found your room "boring" or "lacklustre". Those guests who reserve directly with us receive accurate information about the design, capacity or room features, so you can avoid doubts that may affect your first impression. Do not hesitate to contact directly with us for further details or maybe to arrange your next visit to Puro if you believe in second opportunities. We remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

.....and 3 other visits between 2005 and 2008. First it's bigger and offers now more rooms. Secondly it's not anymore the hip to go place for a drink in the evening. Third, the bathroom' are not that dark anymore and a woman can even make here make up as a mirror is now added. It's still very stylish, the breakfast buffet is of high quality and the room are based still on a strict concept which often makes no real sense. Nevertheless it's different and I still appreciate the central location and the coolness even the WiFi and TV system crashed during my stay. The concept still convince and is for some reasons still valid which underlines the good job of the responsible people. Still a place to go - it would be even better when the bar would be a little more crowded... :-)

Room tip: Go for the more expensive ones and you will be happy
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Purohotel for a long weekend with my friend. Hotel was in a great location, right in the centre of the city and walking distance to everywhere you’d want to go. We also visited the two Puro beach clubs which were great.
Hotel itself was super chic, great decor and very friendly, helpful staff.
Make sure you have a drink on the rooftop bar!
Would definitely go back here!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
GIOVANNI M, Gerente at Purohotel Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Claire,

We appreciate your nice review after your departure! We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in Purohotel and Purobeach. I recommend you to keep you posted on purohotel.com and purobeach.com. We always have new things in mind such as events and exhibitions that make our Puro style as lively as you felt it.