HM Jaime III(Palma de Mallorca)
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Melia Palma Marina(Palma de Mallorca)
US$165
  • Pool
BQ Belvedere Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
US$215
US$160
  • Pool
Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa(Palma de Mallorca)
US$175
US$168
  • Pool
Palma Suites(Palma de Mallorca)
US$228
US$221
US$156
US$149
Melia.com
  • Pool
Posada Terra Santa(Palma de Mallorca)
US$323
US$313
  • Breakfast included
GPRO Valparaiso Palace & SPA(Palma de Mallorca)
US$254
Orbitz.com
1,912 results
All reviewsred levelclarins toiletriesdry barpool areastar hotelold townlovely hotelside sea viewcathedral viewturn down servicean upgradebar pricespremium roompaseo maritimobusy roadpalma centrelong weekend
Reviewed 17 June 2018

This was our fifth visit back to Gran Melia and after a two year break we found the modernisations that the hotel had done looked great creating a calm spacious feel to the reception area and lobby. We had booked a cathedral view premium room and this was on the forth floor with a fantastic view across the marina. We had paid a room only rate but as gold tier members ( via Amex ) we got a two for one breakfast offer. Breakfast is usually €29 each so this was a good perk. If you don’t want to pay this then there a a few places nearby to have a coffee and pastry. We stayed four nights and as we have said before it’s a 20 minute walk to the city . The pool area is lovely and there’s plenty of sun beds to go around. It’s not a cheap place to stay of course but it’s a premium hotel so you wouldn’t expect anything else.
There is a nice food market opened almost next door ( Mercat 1930) where there’s all manner of food and drinks . Good wines at very reasonable prices and seating outside to watch the world go by. We also ate in a place called L’artisitca pizza a short walk up the road which was excellent and busy for obvious reasons. Our only moan would be that breakfast is taken on a beautiful terrace overlooking the marina and they allow smoking which ruins the experience for the majority of non smokers . When we were there a group with a young baby had to keep taking the child away because of a table of ignorant selfish smokers who puffed away oblivious to everyone else. Why can’t Melia ban smoking in public areas or have separate smoking areas where the ignorant minority can only affect each other?
Wi-fi still a bit hit and miss.
But we have a strong affection for the Victoria and wil return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheppy01
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear sheppy01,

In the first place, we would like to thank you for your great loyalty to the Gran Meliá Victoria and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I really appreciate reading that the refurbishment of the Lobby and Main Entrance area appealed to you. Certainly, your comments motivate us to keep working in the same direction to constantly improve our product and services.

On the other hand, I am regret to learn that some aspects of your stay were not of your liking, accept my sincere apologies. Please, let me know if you are planning visit beautiful Palma de Mallorca again, it will be my pleasure to take care of your booking details personally.

Kindest,

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Unlike most folks who visit Mallorca, I was here for a two week business trip. I spent the first week at a resort hotel, near Can Pastillo, which was advertised as 4 stars, but in reality was less, and too many drunk Germans in the area, so wanted to move to a more business friendly hotel and environment, thus this hotel. Gran Melia Victoria building likely dates from before WWII, though it has been nicely remodeled, and retains some old world charm. I paid a little above base rate for a “side view” terrace, on the SW side of the building. While the side view terrace rooms on the NE side of the building may be worth a little extra money, this side of the hotel that my room was on was not worth extra, as the view was of a dilapidated old buildings, and just a sliver of the harbor. The room itself was fine – the bed, and bedding was very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but adequate, with lots of nice towels, and bathrobes, though I prefer a shower stall separate from the tub. The safe in the room was not large enough to store my modest sized laptop, though my tablet and camera would fit inside. There was a control panel by the bed, for the curtains and lights. Problem was, it was likely a 1990s design (or earlier), and had literally 15+ buttons on it. I could never figure out how to turn off all lights in the room, except leave a single reading light by the bed on! It needed a new system, designed by the ghost of Steve Jobs! The hotel staff was very friendly. I never ate at the restaurant, which, unfortunately did not open for breakfast until 7:30 am, which was after I had to leave for work. I ordered room service breakfast, which was expensive, and the order was never exactly correct, but the quality was OK. The neighborhood and location was mixed. It was a 10-15 walk to get to interesting parts of town, and 15-20 minutes to the true “historic center”. I felt safe walking around nearby at night – no homeless or beggars, etc. but there were a lot of closed down business. On the road on one side of the hotel, there are 3 or 4 more “salacious” establishments, which I thought were closed down, though in reality, I only once walked past them late enough that they were open. Other than asking me to come in to have a look (I declined!), they left me alone. The pool area was pleasant, and I never found the road noise a distraction from the enjoyment, though did not spend much time lounging around there. I also did not notice any noise from the surrounding clubs and discos, which best I could tell, did not open until 10 pm Thursday. I woke up to use the toilet at about 3:30 am, early Friday morning, and did notice the disco was full! I could not hear any noise though, unless I stepped out onto my balcony. I did have a car, and the valet parking worked well, and actually, at 20 Euro a night, wasn't that bad for a city center hotel parking price.

Room Tip: Water View or SW Side Water View
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank arf1410

Dear arf1410,

I am very thankful to receive this review about your experience staying at the Gran Meliá Victoria hotel. It is a pleasure for us to learn that your overall stay with us was of your liking, your comments are very important to us.

It is wonderful to read that you could appreciate our room facilities and that you found our location convenient with its breathtaking views across the marina. Thank you for your honest opinion about our electric system, be rest assured that I will forward your words to the pertinent manager, so that it can be taken into account for possible future improvements.

Moreover, I am delighted by your excellent words towards our professional and caring staff. Certainly, we strive every day to make our guests take great memories from their stay in beautiful Palma back home. It is grateful to know that you felt the relaxed atmosphere that our hotel and its facilities evoke, especially, as you kindly mention, with the pool area and the comfortable beds in the guestrooms.

Finally, I would like to thank you again for sharing your nice feedback with all TripAdvisor users and for giving us your sincere opinion about the room service. I will share your experience with the Management Team, in order to take corrective actions.

Kindest,

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We have just had a lovely four night stay at Gran Melia Victoria . Our room had wonderful sea views and a distant view of the beautiful cathedral too . It was cleaned to a high standard and the products were Clarins.
Although the hotel was large we found the staff to be both friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the Red Level experience which included wines , beers and other beverages and light refreshments all beautifully presented and maintained.
The pool area was very comfortable and the staff were very attentive to our needs .Just a brisk 20 minute walk from the city !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly H
Maria A, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Beverly H,

We wish to express our gratitude for taking the time to report such a great experience, at the occasion of your recent stay at our Luxury Hotel.
Certainly, we feel really proud about our situation, as you can appreciate the stunning views of the marina and have a pleasant walk through the promenade.
We are extremely pleased to realize how much you appreciated our exclusive RedLevel service and its beverages, making your moments with us further special. It is also delightful to read that the pool area was of your satisfaction.
Thank you again for writing this review and for recommending us. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back again to our hotel. Please, let us know if you are planning to visit us again. It will make us very happy take care of your reservation!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

5 star hotel with good amenities, very disappointing eating experience in the restaurant and our group of 8 decided to eat elsewhere during our visit.
Restaurant apart the staff were excellent and very welcoming.
Situation was suitable for most of Palma’s attractions and the sea view rooms had amazing views.

Room Tip: Must be a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear davidcraig70,

Thank you for choosing the Gran Meliá Victoria at the occasion of your recent visit to Palma and for the taking the time to share your opinions about.
We highly value our guests’ comments in order to constantly enrich the level of service we strive to offer.
While glad to know that you appreciated our overall amenities and the kindness of our staff, I do regret to learn that we could not completely fulfill your expectations in reference to the gastronomic proposal of our Restaurant. Be assured that I will forward your comments to the Management Team, so that it can be taken into account for possible future improvements.
Once again, thank you davidcraig70 for sharing with us and the TripAdvisor Community your sincere opinion and experience. Your comments constitute our best way to improve and keep the 5-star standards that define us.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Great Hotel, Great staff, Great location. Will be back with the wife or a romantic weekend as well. Hotel is out of this world the facilities and frienliness of the staff blew me away and I stay in a lot of 5star hotels globally. I would like to think of it as my home in Palma Majorca

Room Tip: Sea view is worth it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Andrew R,

Thank you so much for choosing our property during your recent stay at Palma de Mallorca and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.
I am so pleased to realize how much you enjoyed your overall experience, appreciating our friendly staff and location.
Thank you again for writing this review. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back again to our hotel, “your home in Palma de Mallorca”. Please, let us know if you are planning to visit us again. It will make us very happy take care of your reservation!