All of the staff at the desk and the ground-floor café are knowledgeable, professional, and friendly, with excellent English and French. The hotel is centrally located: a 15-minute walk to the old town and to the museums, 10 minutes to the new town, and 5 minutes to the river boats.
Unfortunately, the chambermaids make a big racket starting early in the morning. Also, the closets are so small that it's impossible to hang a knee-length dress, as if only men stayed in the hotel.
One evening we wanted to see the news and noticed that the television had channels from Algeria, Cambodia, Cuba, and Thailand, but no CNN. Does the hotel really have more Algerian, Cambodian, Cuban, and Thai guests than English-speaking ones?
Overall, this hotel is a gem and we look forward to a future visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of the Mercure Bilbao Jardines de Albia is extremely central: only 500m away from the Guggenheim, the main shopping street, el Corte Ingles, the restaurants and tapas bars. It is for real the best located hotel downtown Bilbao. We are currently under refurbishment, and we are careful not to discomfort our guests and never work early morning, late nights. We hope to be finished by March 2016. However we already have our newly refurbished rooms at the guest's disposal. Please feel free to contact us for any information. Best regards, The team ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, ACCOR, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Bilbao Jardines de Albia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spa Husa Jardines De Albia Hotel Bilbao
- Husa Jardines De Albia Bilbao
- Husa Jardines De Albia Hotel