Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$78
View deal
Expedia.comUS$80
PricelineUS$85
Hotels.comUS$80
TravelocityUS$80
travelup.comUS$120
ZenHotels.comUS$98
All reviews tram stop handy location old town small gym pintxos
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2019

Stayed here for 4 nights. First impressions were good, the man at the front desk was very helpful in giving us a map and showing us how to get to different places in the city. The bedroom was a decent size and nice modern bathroom. Both were spotlessly clean. Only slight criticisms are that the WiFi signal wasn't very strong (we stayed on the top floor so not sure if it's any better on the lower floors) and the walls are quite thin so you can hear guests in adjoining rooms. The hotel is in a very handy location set within the old town with a tram stop just across the road and only a few minutes walk away from some great pintxos bars. Overall a very nice stay and would be happy to visit again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2019

Spent 8 nights here in May 2019. Big room with all the amenities you could expect, small fridge was great as was wifi. Didn't avail of breakfast as so many places to eat nearby, highly recommend Gastro Ribera in the Ribera Market (only 2-3 minutes away). Great location for transport, tram terminus and Atxuri train station (for trips to Gernika, Mundaka, Bermeo etc) across the road. Really enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2018 via mobile

Great location
Free parking
Guy at front desk at night is very helpful and courteous, also cute.
We stayed two nights 19th 20th December the room was large and clean. The TV was tiny, the next day it was replaced without any notice. The remote was left for us to program with the warranty and instructions.
Overall a good stay let down by small things.
I would still recommend this place.
The Tram is 30m from the front door.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Hotel Sirimiri is just around the corner from the Atxuri Euskotren Station at the south-eastern end of Bilbao city centre. However, I don't know how many people arrive at the hotel by Euskotren. I travelled by Easyjet to Bilbao Airport. There are three options to get from the Airport to Hotel Sirimiri:
1. Taxi direct from the Airport is the most expensive but easiest way. It is quite calm outside the Airport, so the taxi driver will hear where you are asking to go.
2. Bus (€3) to Termibus at the western end of the city centre and then tram to the terminus near the hotel.
3. Bus to Termibus and then taxi to the hotel.

When I arrived at Termibus there was a lot of works going on between there and the tram stop, including a massive hole in the ground, so I decided to take a cab. I thought that it would be a simple thing of crossing the city centre as had happened on a visit to the same part of Bilbao several years ago, but the taxi headed off across the river in the opposite direction following highway signs to Donostia-San Sebastian. I wondered if the driver had misheard me with the noise of the traffic and works at Termibus, so I became nervous, passed the driver a note with the name of the hotel on it (something that I should have done before we left Termibus), the driver nodded, and we continued on a highway which runs roughly parallel to the river. We left the highway at a junction and within a further minute we were at the hotel. The fare cost under €10. Looking later, I saw that traffic on the main road just between the hotel and Atxuri Station is one-way towards the city centre, which is why the taxi went the way that it did. As I have also just realised, Donostia-San Sebastian is in the same direction as the hotel from Termibus, but at the time I thought that it was the other way round. For some reason, I get confused with the geography of Bilbao roads, with the city centre being built along the winding river, but as long as I can find the Guggenheim Museum and Plaza Nueva, I will get my bearings from those and be happy!

The hotel itself is quite modest, reflecting its 2-star status, although the price that I paid, more than £100 per night B&B, had me wondering whether Bilbao is following Barcelona as an expensive tourist destination. The room that I had was spacious and had windows on two sides. The breakfast was also modest, but quite sufficient.

The hotel is in what is mostly a residential area, with a school just across the main road below. The local people have lots of dogs, which enjoy giving voice. Of course, that is the same across Spain.

For the visitor to Bilbao, Hotel Sirimiri is quite conveniently placed just outside Casco Viejo, the old district which is also known as Siete Calles (= Seven Streets). In the morning it took me 6 minutes to walk to the nearest Metro station at Plaza de Unamuno, and a similar length of time to go to neighbouring Plaza Nueva for the great cuisine which is such a feature of Bilbao and, indeed, the whole Basque Country. Before reaching there, however, you have to watch the cobbles along Calle Erronda for deposits left by some of the aforementioned dogs. There are tram stops just around the corner for the Guggenheim Museum, as well as some city parks beyond and the San Mamés football stadium, loved by the people of Bilbao as being home of Athletic Bilbao.

There are also some bars very close to the hotel. The coffee bar just opposite the station was a friendly place for locals. One waiter was pleased to be able to practice his English on me after I ordered my coffee in Spanish.

Within a minute or two walk from the hotel is the Atxuri Station. There are two Euskotren lines running E and NE. I took the line NE one day during my week at the hotel. The line terminates at the fishing port of Bermeo, and a fare of €3.40 took me to the world famous town of Gernika-Guernica. The bus fare back cost even less. The line E terminates in the great city of Donostia-San Sebastian, with its great food (arguably the best in Spain) and beautiful bay. I have done that rail journey on two previous stays in Bilbao. The train passes through many smaller communities, following rivers and visiting the coast at Deba and Zarautz.

Hotel Sirimiri is conveniently situated in a great but sometimes earthy neighbourhood. I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PeelKippers
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My sister and I were visiting northern Spain and stayed 5 days at the Hotel Sirimiri. The front desk staff we met were very helpful, helping us arrange bus travel to other cities in the Basque Country, helping with directions and taxis.

Our double room was sparsely furnished but comfortable and clean.

Hotel Sirimiri is conveniently located near the Euskotren (tram) station that we used to travel to the Guggenheim Museum and ALSA bus station. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Casco Viejo (Old Town) with its pintxo bars and restaurants.

If I visit Bilbao again, I would stay at the Hotel Sirimiri again.

Date of stay: September 2018