3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$153
Hotels.comUS$153
TravelocityUS$153
TripadvisorUS$153
1,460 results
All reviews rooftop bar great location old town guggenheim museum business trip walking distance central location the bus room was spacious casco viejo city spain plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. The hotel is superbly situated within walking distance to all nice restaurants and attractions within the city. Rooms very clean and AC - only fault is WiFi is a little up and down. Food also delicious. The rooftop bar/lounge is a great asset with a nice ambience. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gpc193
Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

This was our second stay at the hotel Ercilia in Bilboa, Spain. The best word that comes to mind is perfect. The hotel is reasonably priced, beautifully appointed, the rooms are spacious and the location of the hotel is perfect. It is within easy walking distance to all the great restaurants in the city, the beautiful boulevards with all the shops and the Guggenheim Museum. The staff of the hotel is also wonderful. Especially Sandra at the front desk who was incredibly helpful during our stay. While it’s not one of those large five star hotels it’s certainly five stars in my mind.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

Firstly, please don’t be put off by 3.5 overall stars on here - this is certainly not representative of how good this hotel is (I’ll explain why I have dropped a star off later).

The hotel itself is extremely nice, in a fantastic location within a 10-15 min walk to everything worth seeing in Bilbao. The room is great and comfortable and has all the extras anyone could need (although we did have a suite)...

Rooftop bar is a fantastic addition to the hotel with a view across Bilbao. My only complaint with this would be that they seemed to allow non-hotel guests into this area on a Saturday night, with a DJ. Not too sensible during coronavirus - especially as they were all youngsters not bothering with social distancing or mask wearing - surely an extra, unnecessary risk to hotel guests? Apart from this, everything seemed fine from a covid - secure POV.

Staff are really helpful whenever called upon.

My biggest gripe with the hotel, and the main reason (apart from what I’ve written above) for marking down to 4/5 is that they charge €20 a night for use of their car garage. I appreciate a car park in the city would be a similar price, however, the hotel own this garage so why are they charging their guests so much to use it? €5-10 would be more logical, or at least include as a deal or package when booking the room? Again, this is a bit of a covid complaint as we wouldn’t have a car during non-pandemic times!

Overall though, a lovely hotel and I’m sure the above won’t put anyone off booking.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank ollienp
Reviewed 18 March 2020

The hotel was nice the staff were very helpful and nice, we went into the garage thinking it was guest parking and there was a chain on the gate, but it’s a good job as it had steps at the front so I had no choice but to go through the garage, as I’m in a wheelchair!
In the morning went down for breakfast to be told I can’t get in the dining room because there are steps, it’s lucky it was only for one night, and they brought breakfast to our room, being disabled is so frustrating when you come across these issues!

Date of stay: March 2020
4  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

A reasonably-priced modern hotel at a very convenient location. Can walk to the bus terminal and Geggenheim museum in 10 minutes. A lot of cafes around. A espresso machine in the room, fresh juice in the morning and tea in the evening at the lobby.

Date of stay: March 2020