Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$53
View deal
PricelineUS$53
StayForLong
eDreamsUS$53
Agoda.comUS$53
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2020

Never in my life have I went to a place and not share my experience with the world,
Optimi Rooms,
Lets start by saying, This experience was one of a kind,

From the minute you enter till the second you leave,

First impression for the most of us, is the most important,
at the optimi, as a property, it is stunning, as customer service goes, it is one of the best in Bilbao

Staff is very friendly, very laid back and professional, very helpful, and they sure do go the extra mile just to give you the best experience you can possibly have, and the best part...... There always smiling :))
For me that is the best feeling when you feel welcome.

Lets get to the pods,
Pods are very very comfortable and private, you get a safe in your pod for your small belongings, fantastic lighting system in the entire pod(white bright light/and ambient comfortable Blue), you have a usb slot to charge your electronics, headphones for the TV which are being provided by the staff on arrival, mirror, not disturb sign switch which is really cool, a private door to the pod with a key access, and much more that cool pod offers.
As far as comfort, it is fantastic, single or double, very cozy and spacious.

I Highly recommend the double pod for couples, you will be very happy with the space, and for a single pod it is very good value for what you get as far as a hostel go.

Overall fantastic experience and I will do it all over again,
Sure won't be the last time I check in into that jewel ;)

Cheers

Room tip: Get your reservation done with booking, or walk ins are welcome as well, at anytime of the night or day
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank minakamel12
Reviewed 9 November 2019

We only stayed one night in this hostel and could not sleep a single hour, the capsules are tiny, dirty and the mattresses are super thin and uncomfortable. Every time someone walks in the corridor or opens their capsule you can hear it. The showers are dirty, the locker room does not have much space and is smelly.

4  Thank 584alopez
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Like a japanese people, is what I feel after spend a night in this bed.... Pretty enough. Fridge sensation, It seems as funny as diferent. I dont think its for 2 people, but 1 is good.
There is a little noise, even though lets remember is a hostel!!!

I´d back

Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, booked because of the good price and the novelty of staying somewhere a bit different. The place is quite new and things were still being finished off, or not finished yet (bathrooms fitted when we were there but at least 2 doors not fitted properly).

The pod itself was cool and like I said a novelty, but the reality is its extremely noisy. You can hear everyone going in and out of the pods, as well as phone alarms going off etc in other pods, they aren't adequately sound proofed (if they are at all). This and the bright blue lights that don't go off lead to a poor night's sleep. They did tell us you could remove the card and the lights would go out but it started an alarm going, which did stop after a while but we didn't realise this the first night. The TV system is plugged up to Bluetooth speakers which didn't work in our room so we had to use long cables which dragged everywhere. The pod gets super hot during the night and we ended up sleeping with the door open which I noticed a lot of other people were doing too.

Then there is the storage situation, as you are in a pod you get a locker to keep your stuff, fair enough but just very hard to live out of a locker for a more than a few days. It's just so incovienent as there's not enough communal space to get your stuff out without unpacking on the floor to find what your looking for. Bottom lockers would be better replaced with a wooden bench for unpacking instead.

Like I mentioned earlier the new shower units in the bathrooms were fitted when we were there and were a big improvement. However little things like shower doors not shutting, badly working Dyson hand dryers (no paper towels) and badly placed soap, made things that should have been easy, hard. Even the mirrors, although in keeping with the look of the hotel (little shards of mirror rather than one large mirror) make putting on make up a task in itself.

I should mention staff very helpful and seem to be very fluent in many languages.

A funny experience for a night (2 nights bareable but not so funny), but some thought-through design and soundproofing would make this place loads better.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank therealbritzabroad
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Absolutely lovely gem located near fun stuff in Bilbao. The staff are incredible with thier friendliness and knowledge of what's going on in town. I only stayed for one night and still felt like an old friend there.
The capsules that you sleep in are super cool and easy to handle. It's nice and quiet as well, so I slept like a baby.
Only reason Optimi didn't get 5 stars from me was because the bathroom doesn't feel quite finished yet. But then again, they had opened 5 weeks before my stay so that's normal. Also, it's hands down the best shower I've ever had in a hostel.
Had a good sleep, good breakfast, felt safe and people were really nice. All for a really good price. What else could one wish for?

Date of stay: August 2019