13 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$132
FindHotelUS$131
Agoda.comUS$131
4,007 results
All reviews old town great hotel city centre the bus modern hotel minute walk huge bathroom secure parking casco viejo hotel restaurant breakfast was excellent guggenheim museum nespresso machine double bed tapas the river gran
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

A nice and modern hotel. The room is wonderful (604).
Dinner in restaurant, ask to be served by Catalin. For sure he will help you with a amaizing choice. Great meal, good wine. We chose biftec tartar red tune and the best steak.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

a very good modern hotel,very well run by a super efficient and super smiley team.

worth paying the extra for the better rooms.good breafast.pet friendly.

on site garage which,although extra,is handy in bilbao.

sauntering time to town centre about 20 minutes,

six euros for a taxi if you can’t be bothered to walk.

no hesitation at all in recommending the place. :))

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2022

It's a cute enough hotel at an acceptable price point. It is up a steep hill but there is a bus stop right outside and that bus goes through some of the central areas. And, down the hill is a trolley stop. So, we didn't have any issue traveling around the city from there. I did not have the breakfast, but my sister did twice, and she was quite pleased with it.

Part of the reason I booked it was for the gym, which I used the first day but discovered the second day it does not open until 8am so I could not workout before my flight. The front desk controls the AC in the rooms. We called down to have it turned up, but it didn't make any difference and there was no fan in the room. The remote-control batteries had to be replaced but even then, the hotel staff could not get the Netflix's TV app to work. The internet signal in the room was weak so the connection was very slow. We booked the room with three single beds, but they only had one hook for towels in the bathroom. Like a lot of hotels now they only have tea in the room: coffee must be bought downstairs.

1  Thank LivDaley
Reviewed 30 May 2022 via mobile

I think the guy on the desk saw me walk in (I'd been hiking the Camino) and treated me with slight disdain, I was put in a terrible room on 1st floor.
I noticed drain flies in the bathroom (these are flies usually reserved for sewers and portaloos). The shower was a bit dirty and unkept, signs of wear and tear everywhere. I was so tired I didn't bother complaining at first until I was woken up at 5am by loud noises which I think was from staff but maybe other guests. The room was also really hot and the air con didn't work.
I had another look in the bathroom and there were even more drain flies gathering. I'd had enough so went to reception. The guy tried to fob me off with inspect repellant but I insisted on moving room, which they did but it seemed the minimum they could have done.
The second room was better although still the shower wasn't fully clean. But it was ok, had Nespresso machine at least (why didn't the other room?).
Other points to note:
- the hotel is at the top of a hill quite a walk from anywhere you'd want to be and overlooks a council estate
- the corridors stink of cigarette smoke, particularly the 1st floor, the 6th floor was better but smelt like perfume masking the smoke.
- the laundry service is insanely overpriced but I had no choice but to use it.
- on positive side the beds are fine, the lobby is decent, and there are water dispensers in corridors.
Overall it's not a 4 star hotel and I'm pretty perplexed by the good ratings. I didn't get any apology or anything other than a room change despite being put in a fly ridden room. I stayed in pensions and albergues along northern Spain that were far cleaner and with better staff. This is not worth the money, there are far better options for fractionally more money (and significantly less money to be honest) within the old town.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Fulhamsam
Reviewed 27 May 2022 via mobile

I ended three week eurai from Amsterdam to Bilbao Spain and 7 stops along the way. Germany,Salzburg,France, Italy,Spain and ended in Bilbao for last 7 days .
Hotel Gran from check-in with Armando and Miranda to check-out with Fabiana was absolutely beautiful stay!
Bridget, Cata and Miguel Angelo at bar were fun and engaging!
The upgraded room to king and view of river were amazing! Thanks again Armando! Be back soon.
Peace from Chicago