12 people are viewing this hotel
US$75
Free cancellation until 17/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$75
Free cancellation until 16/07/22
Agoda.com
US$65
Hotels.comUS$75
Official websiteUS$66
Trip.comUS$84
3,961 results
All reviews old town great hotel the bus secure parking minute walk casco viejo hotel restaurant breakfast was excellent guggenheim museum nespresso machine the river city gran spain euros garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2021 via mobile

I had a very pleasant experience during my stay at Hotel Gran Bilbao. I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, and truly enjoyed their plentiful breakfast buffet. The room had a king size bed, air conditioning, and strong WiFi.

Covid protocols meant that the hotel’s gym was closed, and certain items were not to be found in the room.

The hotel is a good 15 to 20 minute walk from the city’s historic district. It was not a problem for me, but I imagine it could be for others.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2021

Nice hotel with good facilities and a really good breakfast. Even at 18 Euros pp breakfast was a lovely treat.

What makes the hotel a stand out is that all of the staff from reception, housekeeping and restaurant really get what customer service is all about. The people are the glue that holds this place together. They are friendly, polite and enthusiastic to do a great job. Nothing is too much trouble and it really shows through.

From a customer service perspective, it is the best run hotel I have stayed in for years. Very well done to you all

1  Thank Philip K
Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel is right in the epicentre of the lovely city of Bilbao

It’s a grand old building with wonderful old features and very well appointed rooms

Staff are super helpful and the car park is good

Slight niggles are that the small gym which is very good was used for stretch classes which could take place anywhere and the bar is a room into which waiters enter to take your order rather than having an actual bar

But that is minor stuff

Will return very happily

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawkinsrocks
Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

Very nice hotel, staff is very friendly and helpful, specially Mikel at the cafeteria, rooms are spotless and overall felt very covid secure

I also recommend the breakfast, it has plenty of options and cater for different tastes and dietary requirements

Room tip: Breakfast closes at 10am on weekdays, bear in mind
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2021

We stayed one night in the Gran Hotel Bilbao. It is a lovely hotel, but I was awoken in the morning to an overwhelming sewer smell coming from the bathroom. No visible sewage, but the smell was so intolerable that we no longer used the bathroom. When I notified the front desk, they said they would send someone up, but they apparently just waited us out to leave later that morning (we checked out at 1100). No compensation or even sympathy from the hotel staff for such a vile experience. I've never encountered something like this even in a one star hotel, so I was shocked to experience it here.

Room tip: stay away from rooms adjacent to the elevators!
Date of stay: August 2021