Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$84
View deal
Expedia.comUS$93
Hotels.comUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
PricelineUS$88
Orbitz.comUS$93
eDreamsUS$84
All reviews the river old town great location cold meats great shower small hotel ten minute walk showerhead guggenheim
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

I went in 2017 and had a nice visit. Their WhatsApp thing wasn’t so good, never answered. But everything was fine. I enjoyed ordered in food at their tables. The stay was in December and they had nice decorations. Was a nice one night stay. I would recommend.

Room tip: Handy for day before ferry
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

I spent two nights in Bilbao before going to Hendaye. It is a small hotel with a great location. 15 min walk to the Guggenheim and 15 min walk to the area of bars and restaurants.
I booked the garage because the area is a nightmare for parking.
The front desk people were great and just because of that, I would already recommend the place.
The room was pretty clean and I had everything I needed for a pleasant stay.
The negative aspect is that the windows opened to a courtyard with a huge wall. Whosoever is there can see all the windows and the people inside their rooms. The building behind is a mortuary.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Rick28200
Reviewed 8 August 2020

Spain barred US travel. Despite the fact that it is illegal for us to enter the country- through no fault of our own, , Hotel Bilbao Plaza refused to refund our money. Thank goodness we have a great credit card. We filed a claim and expect to receive a refund. We will also be filing with the Spanish government.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

I spent two pleasant nights at the Bilbao Plaza at the start of November. The hotel is located a stone’s throw from the Casco Viejo, just across the Zubizuri footbridge. Just 10 minutes’ walk from the Avda Recalde airport bus stop, you have everything on the doorstep – Guggenheim, Mercado de la Ribera, Plaza Moyua.

The hotel is simple but modern and offers everything you could want at a very reasonable price. Tastefully appointed rooms with plenty of storage space; excellent shower in the bathroom.

The breakfast was included and this was very welcome on my first morning after coming back from a rather wet 10k run at 0830! Cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pan con tomate, Nocilla…it would have been so easy to overindulge on all the carbs but I had to resist so I had room for all the delicious pintxos later in the day!

I would definitely recommend the hotel and hope to come back one day, ideally when the weather is much drier and brighter! Mil gracias por todo; ha sido una estancia muy agradable.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jkr_man
Reviewed 30 October 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel, great view to the river from my deluxe room, huge terrace, room was clean, comfortable, bathroom room was big. Walkable to almost everywhere, parking at the hotel available, nice bar and excellent service. At check in they gave us a map with the most important things to do, and where to go to eat and have drinks. Love the City, this hotel was a great selection to make our stay in Bilbao an awesome experience

Date of stay: October 2019