“Relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Aragonia Palafox

Reserve with
Aragonia Palafox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 1,716 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$14 - US$56
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Description: The prizewinning Restaurante Aragonia's cuisine is intimist and pays tribute essentially to Aragonese produce, complemented with the best of the Mediterranean kitchen and the best wines in the world. This devotion begins with careful attention to detail in the choice of the best natural produce and the continual search through the classical and modern techniques on the part of the chefs, Noelia Andia to achieve the best of flavours. The restaurant manager gives advice on the best wine and food matching for each gastronomic proposal. The restaurant has a wine cellar with national and international wines. The restaurant has a room for private celebrations with a capacity for up to 12/14 people: 'Reina Petronila'.
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Our first time here. Very friendly and efficient staff.

We had the small lunch menu.

The lunch was very good and you get value for your money.

Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aragonia Palafox, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear René B:

Thank you for your great commnet and taking the time to share your review.

Our restaurant offers every day the best products of season and proximity.
We are happy to know that you have been pleased and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The 'Essence' menu was extremely enjoyable food at a very reasonable price. For a cost of €30 (26.58) there were two dufferent starters and for the mains there was a choice of three meat dishes and one fish. However, they also offered the option of having three glassses of different wines to supplement each course. The price of this option (believe it or not) was just €6.00 (£5.31). I chose that option and expected to receive three very small glasses of wine, but in fact each was approximately 175 cls. I chose the roast lamb on the first night and I have to say it was the best roast lamb that I have ever had in a restaurant. However, the second night I chose the pork, but this was a grave disappointment. It was cooked far too rare for my taste and it looked as if there was almost as much fat as lean. I left all but one or two mouthsful, but they were very good and offered me something else, which I accepted and chose the lamb. The waiter (although quite young, he seemed to be the Maitre d') waas first class and the whole atmosphere was enjoyable

Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aragonia Palafox, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear RickyHertfordshireUK:

Thank you for your great comments and taking the time to share your wonderful review. We are delighted to read you had a pleasant experience.

We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Very good and quality food. I took rice with lobster, delicious. The waiter was very friendly. I recommend it

Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aragonia Palafox, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Arif A:

Thank you for your great comments and taking time to share your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 December 2016

We have visited this restaurant various times over the last few years and each and every time we are amazed by the value for money we get here. And if you like to drink a suitable glas of wine with each course of your dinner you will be even more surprised by the value for money ratio of the wine arrangement. Surprise menu (2 starters a main dish and a desert) go for € 30 per person. The menu includes water and bread as much as you like. Wine arrangement is € 6 per person not per glass but for the complete arrangement (including a sherry to start with).

Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aragonia Palafox, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear krijnmolenaar:

We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Let's start with the good: I had a good dinner, with good service, in a pleasant setting. The wine by the glass suggested by my waiter was really good, and he was clearly competent. Hence, a place I would recommend. Yet it could be better. As much as I like "Summertime", going through the same music 5 times through the dinner becomes a bit wearing. And, the menu could do with a bit more variety and bit more flair. I am not a bit fan of creative cooking, here the attempt to be a bit creative on a solid traditional basis was not too successful -- I'd keep it more traditional. This said, I enjoyed my dinner!

Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Aragonia Palafox, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Dear Alfredo LP,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and leave your feedback which is always welcomed from our guests. Your kind words are great to hear.

Kinds regards,