All reviews a king size bed minutes walking rooms are spacious secure underground parking great hotel centre euros street
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This is an old hotel. It’s had reforms but still shows the years that have passed. Very ample hall, beautiful floor in it, but the rooms have the cheaper click laminate floor and the carpet on the halls is really run down.
The person at the desk was very helpful and seemed to be happy working here, which looks really good.
We had a king size bed with a good mattress and were able to sleep through the night. Even though it’s right downtown, our room was on the opposite side of the street so it was quiet.
We chose this hotel first because it takes pets and we travel with our dog; and secondly because of its location. It takes 10-15 minutes walking really slow to get to the huge Basilica del Pilar.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Once in the hotel, I liked my room very much -- as well as the corridors (with Goya-inspired paintings) and the beautiful lounge.... but the staff, the staff.... maybe I was just unlucky, but:

- Shouldn't a receptionist say "good afternoon" and smile, before saying "identificación?" Why did he give me the impression I was disturbing him?

- At breakfast, why was the woman in such a rush to clear my table? I arrived 1 hour before the end of breakfast, there was no need to rush me and push me. Yes, I wanted to keep my teaspoon to have another coffee.

Unfortunately I can only give 1 star to "service" (which is the minimum) as I did not get any good service. The rest of the hotel is fine - but as guests we also pay for service, not just for a room (however big the bed, however lovely the Goya paintings)

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Stayed here while on a work trip. The hotel was traditional in style and lacked an atmosphere. However, it was quiet, clean, good value and very central. I would go back again if in the area. WiFi was a little unreliable.

Room tip: Get a room to the front of the hotel
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Stayed here, overnight stop from Bilbao traveling south on motorbike. Great location in the city centre, secure underground parking for the motor bike. Spacious bedroom. Good breakfast, friendly staff.
Will stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This is a great hotel with an excellent decor. It is close to the old city and provides a great location for seeing the points of interest. It is easy to get to and you can park outside temporary to drop off your luggage. Parking is located very close also. Our rooms were recently remolded and in good condition.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Palafox-Hoteles, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Goya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear 336tracyh:

Thank you for your great comments and taking the time to share your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stay.

Kind regards