“Excellent sirloin”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Romareda
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped by halfway between Barcelona and San Sebastián. Taverna la piedra serves hearty wholesome good food. We had the artichokes which is excellent. The fried potatoes goes very well with the sirloin but the sirloin is definitely the highlight. Full of flavor and just seared on a hot plate on our table. Wine recommended was excellent too. Nice to have hearty wholesome food after a few days of fancy degustation. Would recommend anyone in the city to try it!

1  Thank KTYF

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This is a great restaurant to enjoy the Basque technique of cooking marinated meat. The server will bring out a super heated ceramic plate and a plate of marinated meat of your choice, the dinner then proceed to flash cook the meats on this hot ceramic plate. It is to die for! The fried potato wedges is a must to go with the meat. They offer many excellent wine by the glass at a ridiculously reasonable price, perfect to go with the meat dishes, I recommend a nice Rioja Tinto.

2  Thank semanticvision
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

This visit was our lowlight of our trip to zaragoza. The waitress could not speak English and we were not able to order a glass of sangria. We ordered some tapas which were greesy pilchards on a thick slice of bread. It was very overpriced and we left feeling very ripped off. Don't visit this place.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I wished that I was not alone. The servings are generous. I wanted to try more dishes. The quality of what I had would make me a regular patron if it was in my home town.
The ambience is very soothing modern-rustic, definitely non-touristico. It is just a neighbourhood gem of top quality food well-presented at a reasonable price. You cook your own steaks at the table on a sizzle platter. The food was top quality. The salad I had (half-portion) would make a meal! And a great salad, with slivers of quality jamon and a confit dressing topped with pomegranate. Yum!
The staff are friendly and eager to please, guiding my non-Spanish-speaking self through the menu. I trusted them with the wine and I was more than pleased with their choices.
It is a place where the locals would come and feel at home and still be having a "night out". I envy them the opportunity of doing it more often.

1  Thank Doug V
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I went for the beef and I was not disappointed. Simple delicious food cooked on a hot plate on the table with good service. Thank you