“Great steak and cesar salad”
Review of La Vicaria

La Vicaria
Ranked #7 of 179 Restaurants in Huesca
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

One of the best Entrecôtes I've had (500g of tender medium/rare meat, just the way I like it). Great staff, very kind, eager to communicate in English and tought me a few new words in Spanish. The only reason I gave it 4 points is the location. It's located a few meters away from one of the more cosy streets in town, which has my personal preference.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

An amazing restaurant with such pleasant and interactive staff. Definitely a 5 star place. ¡Muy bien!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The polpo (octopus) was the stand-out dish for me. We tried this "Galician" octopus dish before years ago somewhere else and it was like eating pencil erasers dipped in oil (since which time I never ordered it, however on this occasion, my youngest son wanted to try it as he had not tried octopus before).

This restaurant manages to make a really very good polpo and I would have this again as a priority if I visited and had to choose just one thing from the menu. The pieces of octopus tasted lovely and the texture was perfect. Served on slices of potato (or may have been another root vegetable such as sweet potato). Though very salty, so be sure to have lots of water as well as wine. The sandwiches were above average and the gourmet burger was pretty huge. The goats cheese salad was excellent. Patatas bravas however was bland for my taste and I thought the calamari rings were nondescript, likewise the longanize sausage being OK but nothing really to write home about. Mushrooms with cheese and bits of ham on top were quite nice but not outstanding. Overall, some food was excellent, some was just average, bit then again it is primarily a bar, and on the whole a pleasant experience. Very friendly service and nice atmosphere and a buzzy location near lots of other eateries.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

We had some nice tapas here, some plain ones too, and agreed that it was one of the least good tapasbars in aragon / rioja we have tried

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Tucked away off off the main eating streets in Huesca this place is exceelent if you want substantial tapas rather that a full blown meal. The fact that it is packed with locals is an indicator. Nice interior, freindly staff and a good range of tapas. Good value.