“Disappointed”
Review of Pension Cordoba

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seville
Pension Cordoba
Ranked #11 of 70 Seville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during the heat wave recently. First, you need to know you cannot control your own air conditioning. It is set at 23 degrees at the reception desk, and you have to ask them if you want to change it. We really wanted to like this place, but we couldn't. It is run by a family: parents who speak no English and two daughters who do. The daughters were helpful, but it really seemed they were “putting up” with us being there, rather than genuinely being glad to have us there. Room was ok. Small shower. Had to lug our bags up three flights of stairs in the blistering heat of the stairwell (not climate controlled). When the flimsy little thing that held the shower head up broke off the wall, we took it downstairs. The father was there who spoke no English. We showed it to him and tried to explain what happened, and he acted as if we were children who had broken a vase.

We would have to say it was not worth the money we spent, and that we certainly did not appreciate the “attitude” issue. We expect to be treated with courtesy and respect, and we did not feel this way here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stltrv
Maralmagro, Gerente at Pension Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

First of all we really appreciate your review.
I regret that our place did not fulfill your expectations but we are a basic hostel.
About the air conditioning issue it is a central system set on 23ºC (which is ok for most of our guests) but we offered you to increase or decrease the temprature as often as you like and you didn't asked us to do it.
We really tried to help you in all that we could with our restaurant and flamenco recommendations, sightseeings advices, booking your walking tour and daytrip... and I am sorry that you didn't feel well-treated.
I apologize if my father makes you feel uncomfortable but let me tell you that he was shocked as is the first time that a shower hanger breaks in that way and unfortunately he does not speak English to understand your explanations.
I really think that my family and myself treated you with kindness and respect, like we treat all our guests. We are honoured and grateful with every single person that choose our place to stay in Seville. We are deeply sorry that you didn't fell that way.
Thanks for you time.

There are newer reviews for Pension Cordoba

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed here on my own in a single room with the washroom outside while I attended a conference (as recommended by Rick Steve's Spain guidebook). The owner was extremely friendly, always greeted me a smile. When I asked directions, she was always very clear about it and marked it with a map. She allowed me to leave my luggage there the day before my room was ready; and also on the morning when I was leaving.
The room was very clean and quiet. To my surprise, there was a TV in the room (and a sink). The bed was very comfortable (double bed in a single room). They clean the room and made my bed during the day when I was out. I booked the room without a bathroom. This was not a concern at all, as I never saw other people (heard them getting in and out of their room) when I went to the bathroom. There was tea, pot to boil water, computer in another room as well. Free wifi.
The cost of the place was cheap and very reasonable (only accept cash), given that it's very central and close to restaurants, flamenco dance shows, cathedral etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Just spent 4 nights at Pension Cordoba. Very relaxing, the people who run it are friendly and helpful. They printed bus tickets and some other stuff and gave us good pointers. Lots of good food nearby, you can walk to the Cathedral, Alcazar, river, etc. Would definitely stay here again. Only negative, not for us, but some rooms and baths are very small so if you are large, you might not want room 105. I saw some of the other rooms were bigger. There is a room with a fridge and coffee which is a nice touch. The resident Schnauzer, Harvey is a great little dog and loves attention. You should stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is a visually beautiful place with a gorgeous entry, tiled staircases and a flurry of green plants in traditional pots. The rooms are a good size with small but well designed bathrooms. The air con and wifi work and the showers are good and hot. The family that run the place are helpful and cheery and keen to meet the needs of travellers. The place works beautifully and is reasonably priced. The location is very good for the historic town.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Pensions do not get any better than this.
Location: fantastic. In the historic town, not far from the cathedral.
Good, clean and spacious room and bathroom. Comfortable beds. Everything worked, which is unusual for a pension. The family who runs the place is helpful and friendly. Free Wifi.
A free internet room with a desktop computer and free coffee and tea.
Any drawbacks? It is not cheap for a pension.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple