“Tasty food and friendly service”
Review of Bar Ambigu

Bar Ambigu
Ranked #429 of 3,087 Restaurants in Seville
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 5 November 2015

We came here on our last night in Seville. The food was wonderful. Try the cerviche or bacalhau with pimientos. This is a great neighbourhood bar. We only wish we had discovered it sooner. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

We had ceviche and a few beers. The food was absolutely amazing and the menu was very diverse. The servers were really friendly. Great place and definitely going again!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Simple food perfectly cooked. A media racion will leave you full for a very reasonable price. If you just stop by for a glass of wine, it will come with a substantial free tapa.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stopped by because it was near where I was staying. It was about 6 pm, and there were about 6 tables outside (by the time I left there were 9. The waitress would set up tables then outdoor dining is requested).

All these tables were served by one incredibly efficient waitress, who also took time to answer questions (she's busy, but when she's with you, she gives you her full attention. It's really nice.

When i was there, I saw no tourists... At least no non-Spanish speaking customers. The tapas menu was hand written posted outside, and the waitress tried to explain things to me in simple Spanish, and did a good job helping me understand the items I had questions for.

When she brought the wine it came with an appetizer that tasted really good, reminded me of warm, home cooking. I asked what was in there by naming the ingredients I could taste, and
She caught on and continued to finish the list of ingredients, very quickly and quite proud, with a smile as if appreciating that I enjoyed it enough to want to know. She then went off to help others. Very busy, but like I said, when she's with you, she gives you her full attention and you don't feel she's antsy to go somewhere.

The tapas with puff pastry was served on a medium sized plate, and was just the right amount. It was also nice to see that the tapas come with "sides", and not all the "sides" were the same (mine was with rice, others were with potatoes, etc.)

Really enjoyed my dining experience there.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ambigu its a traditional sevillano tapas bar, where they change the menu everyday depending on the season and the market offer. Its in the busy calle Feria, with a 'not so cozy to eat' terrace. The tapas are fairly cheap and its a good place if you are looking to feel satisfy with the food and not expect too much more.