All reviews fourth floor hotel occupies hydromassage shower room was lovely and clean short walk to the square within walking distance of restaurants small breakfast room apartment block reception staff were friendly view from the balcony spoke perfect english tapas local attractions car park great shower pleasant stay calle navas
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed early June for four days. Emailed hotel in advance as flight to Granada arrived hours before designated check in. On arrival one of two rooms was ready and able to leave heavy luggage and set off to explore the fabulous city. The hotel is located within a five minute slow walk to the central shopping streets and Granada cathedral. Rooms have all the facilities required possibly with the exception of a tea/coffee making facility. This was not a concern as little time other than sleeping and an occasional use of the excellent power shower was spent in the room. Beds extremely comfortable and daily room cleaning exemplary.
Front desk staff were excellent, providing advice on Granada attractions and also a map detailing how to walk to the Alhambra. Note, this is a fifteen minute walk with a very steep climb but the views on the route make it worthwhile .
Enjoyed Granada and staying at Carlos V so much that booked for a four day return visit in November this year.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank timbal
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We didn't have a room with a view but we didn't expect one based on the price point - it was clean and compared to many other rooms we have stayed in it was large. The bathroom had a really great shower and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great close to centre and all beautiful squares and restaurants.It is easy to go to Alhambra by walk from hotel around 20min and you are by entrance gate.The breakfast is OK but also the view from restaurant is very good.Only thing what this hotel does not have is parking but there is really close one

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miqdejan
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Firstly, would like to praise the member of staff who organised our Alhambra tickets when we thought there were none available. A month later we arrived at the elegant Carlos V and found all members of staff to be just as friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel itself is in a great location, clean, comfortable and homely We took advantage of the great buffet breakfast - a wide variety of fresh produce (€6) which we enjoyed on the terrace with lovely views of the city and set us up nicely for the awe-inspiring Alhambra. Apart from the Alhambra, we generally loved this amazing city, particularly the Albaicin barrio and the Mirador de San Nicolas with it's stunning views of the Alhambra. We simply cannot wait to return to this magical city and wouldn't hesitate to stay for a longer period in this lovely hotel. Thanks, from Richard and Azra!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Carl0sV, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Carlos V, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Mr&Mrs Richard/Azra
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review about your recent stay at Hotel Carlos V.
We are glad to know that the hotel and the location have covered your expectations.
Thank you for standing out the kindness and the attention received by the front desk staff, we always try to give the best service to make your stay as wonderful as possible.
Our privileged location in the center of the city, has been to your liking. This location helps our clients to enjoy all the main tourist places of the city.
We hope to see you again soon in a new visit to our city.
Best Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I usually stay in hostels but I was getting into Granada late at night so I thought to book a hotel. There were no cabs still running when I got to the airport so I asked them to arrange one for me. I got in what I thought was the cab the hotel sent only to find out upon arrival that it was not. Once in the hotel I was greeted by the meanest, rudest, WORST person I have ever encountered in the customer service industry. I have traveled to over 20 countries and have never met a more horrible customer service employee. After a long day of travel and fear (they locked me, a 21 year old female, out of the airport because it had closed, to fend for myself at 11:45pm) I was yelled at by the front desk clerk like a child for at least 10 minutes. This hotel is not well suited for solo travelers. I am still very upset by the way I was treated and highly recommended that you don’t stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo