All reviews clean rooms free wifi perfect location cathedral city
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Having studied abroad in Granada, Spain prior to this stay, I was very picky about just where I would stay. This particular location was the perfect find, tucked away just off of one of the main streets, Gran Via, making access to public transportation, shopping, and tourist information extremely accessible. The Capilla Real is essentially right across the street! Just a 3-5 minute walk away from the historic Albaicin district, the location made the trip up to the Alhambra that much shorter. I don't think I could have asked for a better location.

In terms of the service, check-in was painless and quick, and we were given a key on the first day that we held onto for the duration of our 3 night stay, which allowed us to enter and exit the hostel and our room with ease at any time of the day. Our rooms were cleaned daily, at very reasonable times, and with very much care to our personal belongings - at no point was I concerned about leaving them in the hostel. The floor that we stayed on had three rooms I believe, and two bathrooms to share (1 full, 1 half), which were also cleaned daily.

In terms of price, you can't find a better one. My friend and I (travelling in late May/early June) payed each about 10 Euro per night for a two bed room in this hostel, which is a STEAL given the quality, location, etc. Price included two twin beds, a sink in the room, a large wardrobe, electricity access, free WIFI, and access to the super clean bathrooms. I couldn't recommend this hostel more - it truly is a special find!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank eab040
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was visiting a friend for a few days in Granada and was happy to have a big, warm bed to relax in for a few nights. The room was extraordinarily clean but also felt less like an impersonal hotel and more like a room with character. Quiet, too. Check-in and out were easy even without Spanish. Right next to a fun street with tourist shops and a great tapas bar. Perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank roooomebecca
manuelmp24, Gerente at Pension Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thanks for leaving your comment, hope you enjoyed your visit to Granada and that your stay has been pleasant in Pension Olympia.
A greeting

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hostel was great- located right in the center of Granada, close to everything (Alhambra, Cathedral, Bars, Clubs, Restaurants, Shopping...). It's a quiet pension, the rooms were clean and the shared bathroom was in all honesty the cleanest hostel bathroom I've ever seen. There is a small shop around the corner that is open late, as well as a night club right across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank berlinizer
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This lovely medium-sized hostel offered my group a room with four single beds in it for €60 (€15 each per night). I was a bit hesitant as it was pretty central but in a slightly edgy area of town (sex shops etc nearby). However, the room was spotlessly clean, the bedding was clean, the beds were comfortable (mine squeaked a little), the shared bathroom was very clean every time I used it. There is a separate loo too if someone is in the shower. There was a sink in the bedroom for teeth cleaning etc. For a cheap and cheerful no frills stay in Granada you should try it here! No curfew or any of that nonsense – they’ll give you a key to the front door. I reckon I’ll be back… You can get the bus just 1 min walk away on the main road right up the hill to the Alhambra. Perfect!

Room Tip: A little noisy on the street side but that's mainly as there was a big student demonstration when we were there - adds to the colour!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JustBristol
Reviewed 22 October 2010

This hostel is very centrally located, 5-10 minutes away from the main plaza and Albayzin, and about 25 min walk from Al Hambra. There was nothing special about this place - we were looking for the cheapest place that was decent, clean and safe, and this had all of those things. It was quiet, considering that it was very close to all the shops and restaurants. It was clean and fairly spacious. The bathroom wasn't in the room, but we had a sink, which was nice for brushing our teeth. The bathroom had a good shower with hot water and the water pressure was good, although, it was in need of renovations - there was rust and mold on the bathtub. It didn't bother us, frankly because it was clean despite this, and we are not fussy - as long as there was hot water we were ok. The person who greeted us was nice enough, and we were able to communicate with our limited Spanish. In the morning, when we were leaving, there was no one at reception, so we just left the key on the desk.
This place is very central, which was one of the main reasons we chose it. From the bus station, it takes about 10 minutes to get here.
Overall, it was comfortable enough, no-frills, just a good night's sleep. Would recommend to others who are not fussy.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple