All reviewspersia roomduplex apartmentthe busking size bedold towngorgeous roomsteep climbarab quarterwalk upsmall kitchenthree nightstucked awayon footplaza nuevaalhambra viewnarrow streetsjulio
Reviewed 15 April 2017

I must comment first on Antonio, who exemplifies customer service at its finest-how to treat your clients, such a gracious host. He made our stay so comfortable.
We were in the Persia room, one flight up, with a view of the Alhambra from our windows. It is a huge room, king size bed that is so comfortable & a giant bath. I took advantage of the bath every night bc the April weather was cool nights. You can close the wooden blinds at night & the room is pitch black & silent for sleeping. Best sleeps! The only tricky part to the room was the toilet bc my husband is so tall, it was difficult to close the door bc of his long legs. The location of the hotel is up a hill, down a small path, a distance of about 20 minutes walking from the restaurants & downtown. I loved the location bc it was quiet at night, beautiful view of the Alhambra lit up, and away from noisy downtown. It was like our private villa surrounded by flowers & greenery that Lilly seems to have a magic touch with. We have no trouble climbing stairs and its a narrow stairway to the first floor and then a wider to our room so you have to be able to manage that. You just can't beat the kindness of our hosts nor the view.

Room Tip: We had the Persia room with a perfect view of the Alhambra. One floor below, main level does not have a view but has a lovely patio.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raism1
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Great location up in the hills with an amazing view of the Alhambra. Granada is an amazing place to explore and after a full day the terrace off our bedroom was a great place to relax amid a beautifully tended garden. The location is a bit of a hike uphill from the centre of town, but did not find that a problem at all, and presented all kinds of opportunities to explore the narrow streets of the Albayzin. The only drawbacks were the shower (poor pressure) and the toilet (located in a very small closet-like room, very tight). Other than that, this is a great spot to enhance your visit to Granada!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I stayed here in March 2017. This hotel/B&B is spectacular in so many ways! It is very apparent that it is the labor of someone's love. Decorated with so many beautiful pieces, which, apparently, you can make an offer to purchase, if something really tickes your fancy.
My room had one of the best showers of all my stays, plenty of water pressure and hot water. You have to be familiar with the adjustable water temperature dial, to increase or decrease the water temp, which is pretty easy to figure out. My room also had a luxurious bathtub, which I took advantage of, often.
Antonio and Lillie were my hosts, during my stay. Antonio is very knowledgeable about places to go, and directions. He was very kind and able to satisfy all my needs.
Lillie is a sweetheart. She has a very green thumb and appears to be the caretaker for the vast array of beautiful plant life seen all over the property. In addition to feeling like you're in a museum, it also has the feel of a botanical garden, both of which I absolutely adore.
I was so impressed with everything and everyone. The rooms are massive, by European standards; and kept immaculately clean by the staff.
I had the Sumeria room, which is located on the middle floor, with the small Juliet balcony. This room has hinged wood window covers, which completely block all light, they are amazing. (I'm sure there's a proper name for them, but I can't think of it).

I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is, but I'll let you discover this gem, for yourself.

As in other reviews, people with mobility issues, and those with difficulty climbing stairs, may want to think carefully about booking a room here.
If you want a unique, authentic and beautiful place to stay, this place is it.

Room Tip: Excellent views of Alhambra and the Albaycin from every room, there is an AMAZING cave that has Flamenco literally, next door.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We had a room in the upper floors for 2 nights (22-24 April 2016). Perfect - with 2 terraces and a view beyond imagination.
The suite had a small kitchen and fridge (good to keep some wine and tapas cold). Enjoying the sun set on the terrace with a glass vine was very nice.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful with luggage, taxi order and - unfortunately I forgot my glasses in the room - they even help to coordinate a taxi and bring my the glasses.

Breakfast was very nice too.

Overall - THE best view and you can lay in your bed and fall asleep with the view to the Alhambra.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the Alhambra
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 9 February 2017

There is really nothing bad to say about this. My closest friend and I stayed here for a couple of days. The view of the Alhambra from the hotel is amazing. The terrace is a wonderful place to spend time and relax especially if the weather is good. It's a great walk from the hotel to the city and the Alhambra. However you do need to walk a bit and it's a little uphill on the way back to the hotel. Of course, you can take a taxi if you would like. We loved everything about our room and the hosts were very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends