“Never again!”

Ranked #1,424 of 1,752 Restaurants in Granada
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: San Pedro
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We thought it's a nice place to eat, but we were sorry later. Food was less then average. We were on road trip through Spain and in every city i tried "rabo de toro" so i took it here (i thought it can't be bad because i liked it everywhere). Try to guess..meat was just ok, but potatos were horrible. Lasanas were ok but solomillo de terne definitly doesn't deserve a price of 23 euros.
Anyway we were hungry and unsatisfied when we left a restaurante.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The name has changed, perphaps because of the awful but accurate reviews. We came here for dinner thinking it looked quite nice from the street. We sat inside which was also quite nice. The food was fine, nothing special but not bad. However it was terribly overpriced, 16 euro for a pizza and the drinks were ridiculous, 5.50 euro for a half litre of beer that came out 2/3 full. Service was sporadic. I somehow felt ripped off going here and annoyed that I wasted a meal in what is a fabulous food city. My advice is to head anywhere else and let this place learn not to rip people off and not provide a decent service.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

First I have to mention that the place has a new name: El Laurel, however I can't find it like this here, but I checked on google maps and this is definitely the right place where we ate.
What we ate was average. Then why is my rating Poor you may ask. Because the service. These were the most arrogant and unfriendly waiters I ever faced. Not to mention that when we asked for the bill we were surprised by a 20% extra charge due to the fact that we had a table outside not inside.
They NEVER ever mentioned if we eat outside it cost more than a table inside - BTW noone sat inside, and when we asked for a table they didn't even offer us to sit inside, it was evident that they direct everyone to the outside tables.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to just sit for a little while and have a cup of tea. And calmari which were lovely (bit too salty). Can't really judge food, didn't order anything else. Seems lacking service - two people only for a garden full of customers so it was scary

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We met friends in Granada and decided to go for drinks on this nice terrace, as this place looked much less touristy than most other places on this square. We were 13 people all together and apaart from us there was maiinly locals. Service was fast and good, not very talkative, but fine. Drinks came fast and were well chilled. They served tapas until at least 22:30h, when we left, also the extra charge for service on the terrace was clearly marked in the menu.... I do not think this a good policy, but you have stay fair about this, as I read bad comments on this point.

The food had ups and downs: Calamary were very good and fresh, Sandwich with cheese and oil was not good. Tapas with egg plant were very good. Other tapas were fine and fresh.

The toilet was the weakest spot, as it was quite poor, but apart from that I think this place is fine, with fair prices, if you are eating small dishes. I did not look at the prices for bigger dishes, so I cannot comment on that. We would go again.