All reviews excellent location free airport shuttle boil water sea view across the road apartment complex entertainment every night spent nights thoroughly enjoyed our stay town centre rooms are spacious stay there again train station the costa del sol good size malaga airport plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Nice breakfast, good service, comfy beds and good location with the beach nearby. If I were to mention something negative about this hotel, it would be the interior design, which was tacky. All in all a very good place to stay in for people of all ages.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanderer718950
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Massive hotel/apartment complex right on the front with own pool. But that means a good stiff climb up to the main town centre (there is a 50c lift ...).Our room for 3/4 was OK, with a/c , the kitchenette was well stocked ( kettle and toaster chargeable as usual) & had just been refurbished. TV all good inc freesat UK channels. The bathroom was dated and we had to get tap fixed but done promptly. Plenty of hot water at great power at all times.
The main irritation was the plastic sun loungers were chargeable €3 even late in the day. By all means charge a bit for the cushion but never seen this on any other apartment holiday and was a rip off . We self catered so can't comment on bar or breakfast/dinners.......

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnhG3658NB
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Stayed here in June 2017 with my partner. We arrived around midday and had to wait one hour at reception as our room was not ready.
Room:
The first and most important thing I would like to highlight is that the rooms here are hotel rooms, not apartments. The only amenities in the room are a sink, a hob/stovetop, and a fridge. So that means no kettle, no microwave, no toaster, no grill, no oven. Also this small kitchenette is in the bedroom, whereas most apartments would have a separate kitchen/dining room. If you do decide to use the kitchenette, you must also be prepared to go buy some sponges, washing up liquid, etc as none of this is provided. As for the rest of the room, the bathroom was fine, neither fancy nor rundown. The bed was also just OK. I couldn't say it was comfortable, but I've stayed in worse. There is a decent sized TV with about 10 english channels.
In relation to the bed, I specifically requested "1 double bed" when I booked the room, however it was 2 single beds pushed together.
Also, when booking the room it was advertised that the safe was included. However upon arrival I was told that I had to pay for the safe. False advertisement?
Rooms have free Wi-Fi.
Pool:
First of all: each sun lounger by the pool costs €3 PER PERSON PER DAY. As in, if you stayed here for a week with a family of four and you used sun loungers every day, that would cost you an additional €84 on top of what you payed for your room. The only alternative is to literally sit on the ground. Absolute robbery.
As for the pool itself, it is actually very nice and probably the best thing about the hotel. Temperature was perfect, pool was clean, lifeguard on duty at all times, and the sun shines directly on the pool area for around 10 hours every day.
Location:
Location is very good, only a 15 minute drive from Malaga airport, and the hotel itself is surrounded on almost all sides by shops, restaurants, stalls, etc. The beach is literally across the road, however I wouldn't recommend it as the sand is full of very sharp shells. There is a supermarket a 10 minute walk away, with a lot of smaller grocery stores even closer. Train station is also about 10 minutes walking. I would mention however that all the shops and stalls are very similar, so after 3 or 4 days then there is not much left to look at in the area, and it can get boring. Another issue I would mention is that the area has a lot of steep steps, so perhaps not well suited for elderly, parents with buggies, etc.
We did not try the hotel restaurant, although I looked at the breakfast one day and it is all continental.

Overall: Pool is great once you pay to use sun loungers, location is great for anyone who doesn't mind steps, but I would only recommend staying for 4 or 5 days. The room is very poor, and I feel that the rooms are not apartments at all, so very misleading.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Location is excellent, staff are very helpful, building is poorly maintained, bathroom require total renovation, faucets leak water, painting is peeling off ceiling and walls, grout is so old and discolored badly.
In general it was a good stay at the hotel, my main problem was in dealing with the Doctor that was recommended by the front desk. Two days before departure I had some food poisoning and was in bad shape for most of the day so my wife asked the front desk to call a doctor and when he showed up to the room, he asked me to explain my symptoms, so I told him that I through up the night before, so he checked my temperature and it was 37 and he claimed to be high, he asked me if I have diaherra and told him no I don't then instantly he told my wife and I that he'll have to send me to the hospital to have my appendix removed, he suggested the private hospital because they speak English, and when I said to him that the problem is my vomiting and not the appendix then he started to examine me and poking me and say this hurts right? and I kept saying no it does not hurt.
He spend more that 20 minutes trying to scare us and insisted that we must go to the hospital and not to worry about the money because my private insurance will pay for the operation and I kept saying that we do not have private insurance and he kept insisting that yes we have. A NIGHTMERE OF A DOCTOR.
The building has a lot of older visitors and it appears that they take advantage of any situation and when I got back to Canada and went to see my doctor I was told that what I had was a food poisoning and nothing else.

Room Tip: Most rooms at the hotel have good view of the sea, the higher up the better due to the potential noise from drunk tourists
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

The hotel is in a GREAT LOCATION.. right on the beach front...
Arrived Sun 14th May at 12:30... reception very dark... dark wood panels & carpet on the ceiling over the reception desk... room not ready till 2:30 pm... room was very basic.. furniture had seen better days... at least the air/con worked.. lovely view from the balcony (9th floor.. 9033)... We stayed on a B&B basis.. the breakfast was interesting.. (very continental).. all the normal meats / cheeses / fruit... the cooked breakfast was microwaved scrambled egg, boiled mini sausages.. bacon with bones still attached...then after breakfast it became the cafeteria / bar... Sunbeds weren't on a terrace more like spread around the garden....
Don't forget the 3 EURO charge for the hotel sunbed..(but you do get a mattress) still get charged with or without... Staff don't seem very happy..(never smiling) the reception desk is always busy...the staff in the cafeteria / bar were always busy doing something...
If you just wanted a base with no frills this is your hotel... as i said good location... a few bars & eateries very close by..

Room Tip: High floor... you either get morning or afternoon sun...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple