1,095 results
All reviews don pablo other hotels numerous pools shower cubicle sea view half board dining room sister hotel across the road whole complex lovely hotel excellent stay sea front bed and breakfast plenty of sunbeds sun loungers lovely room
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My hubby and I visited the Sol Don Marco for 3 nights for his 40th birthday, first time ever away without the kids. The Marco is definately the correct choice if you are after some 'quiet time', there are no pool activities or pool bar, but its is only at tiny walk over a linked bridge to the sister hotels bars or pools to join in their fun. All three hotels are beautiful, clean and comfortable. Our room was great, air con, empty cold fridge, shower, bath and balcony over the pool. I love trying new foods so I was happy to try their 'local dish of the day' and although I enjoyed all of them I do not have a clue what they were as they did'nt tell you! My hubby is not quite as adventureous as me with food but was able to pic something different to eat each night, however if our kids were with us they may have ended up eating chips and cucumber with dessert to fill them up as they are fussy. Beach is opposite and clean, pools are cleaned daily and you can hire beach towels if you had run out of room in your case. Beach bars nice with friendly staff and fresh food. It does say dress code on the hotel information page but in the Marco they seem to allow any outfits, however the Pablo appeared to request long trousers and shirt sleeves. Staff friendly, the odd language barrier but we tend to forget we are in their country so it is us that are the problem!!! Will definately go back and probably take kids as they have a great activity programme in place in Pablo, might have to go to Burger King down the road for their dinner though.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2010

I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable. The Don Marco is designed to be the relaxing hotel on the Complex, with the Don Pablo and Don Pedro being the family hotels.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Based on the reviews in Tripadvisor, we chose to stay at the Sol Don Marco and we had a great vacation.
The hotel is situated very close to the beach. It's by far the best one of the three in the complex if you don't want too much noise and like a more intimate feel.
We had half board and were happy with our choice. There is a good selection both at the breakfast and at the dinner buffet. The staff is very helpful.
We probably had the best room: 5006 - it has a large terrace overlooking the sea.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. A satisfied guest is a hotel manager's greatest satisfaction. Come again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This was our 5th visit to the hotel which we have previously enjoyed. On arrival the hotel reception smells of horrid drains. This never changed. Rooms fine, apart from broken AC and door not locking. Both now repaired. . Now the problems. The food used to be of excellent quality but I would never go half board again. The meals at night are awful. There is no info on what you were eating its extremely repetative and greasy. I have a prawn allergy and they turn up disguised in the salads and veggies. The sweets were horrid - choc, straw and vanilla custard. More like school bad dinners! Staff in restuarant cannot speak any english so its difficult to find out what the food is.
Another word of warning it is a waste of money paying more for this hotel than the sister hotels Pablo & Pedro as the facilities are inferior.
The bar was only open occasionally and they handed out freebies in the other restuarants eg drinks and flowers but nothing in the more expensive hotel. Work that out.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TA.
I am sorry that you were less satisfies this time than on previous occasions. I am concerned that you were not happy with the restaurant. Our customers are generally telling us that they are happy with the food this season, but there is always room for improvement. I apologise about the identification of the dishes in the dinner - we have just received a new design for the labels which had obviously not been put in place properly when you were with us. The labels do not, however, list the ingredients of each dish - it would be too difficult to do this in 6 languages. We can, however, provide special dishes for anyone with a specific allergy. I would like to mention also that Don marco guests have the choice of two buffet restaurants in summer, each with its own ambience and style.
As this comment points out, there are three hotels on the Complex. The Don Marco is the quietest of the three, with a relaxed atmosphere, and direct access to the Spa. The rooms are beautifully decorated. For more activity, bars, entertainment etc, the Don Pablo and Don Pedro are more recommended. All three share access to all the bars, pools, entertainment, but each has its own atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Stayed one week here early June 2010. Nice reception area (Thai motif) and staff; elevator was small, but only an issue when transporting suitcases. Our room, although not big, had a large balcony overlooking the street and beach - you could certainly enjoy the sun there, but not in the nude as it was overlooked by the neighbouring apartment building. Noise was not a concern. The hotel itself was fairly modern and very well-kept. Plenty of pools to choose from - the Don Marco pool was the smallest, and quietest (except during "pool fitness time", when the noisy music from the Don Pedro pool was intrusive). Meals were served in two restaurants - we dined only in the Don Marco one. Food was acceptable, not great (greasy, not as much seafood or local dishes as I wished - were they trying to cater to the largely-Brit clientele?) Service was buffet-style; table staff was variable in efficiency and friendliness. Next time we will only have breakfast there, and eat in the local restaurants. After-dinner entertainment was certainly nothing to write about (so I won't!)
Torremolinos was pleasant enough to walk around in, especially along the beachfront. We didn't try the beach/sea, nor the area restaurants, but they looked appealing. If you wanted to go into town, you had to ascend a fairly steep narrow cobble-stoned street, or take an elevator (cost 1 euro). A lot of tourist-oriented stores there, but also some supermarkets (where you can pick up refreshments, snacks, and (ATTENTION those who come from ONTARIO CANADA!) cheap booze. Because they get so many tourists from the UK and the rest of Europe, English is widely spoken. There is an inexpensive Internet cafe two blocks from the hotel. You can also book a day-excursion to Grenada or Gibraltar (or an airport taxi) through the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough response.
I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and its environs, though sorry that the food was not to your taste. I would like to point out that Don Marco guests have 2 restaurants to choose from in the summer season, each preparing the food in a slightly different style.

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I suppose being English I have to have a moan. But in this case not really a moan more of a request. I would ask that the management put a sign on the patio doors to inform you that if you close the door fully when you go outside you will be locked on the balcony. If you slide the door shut it will lock itself. Could be a real problem if you don't know about it. The other request would be to have tea making facilities in the rooms. Thats it on the down side, now the good stuff.
On arrival at the hotel we were very impressed by the beautiful approach, with the lovely gardens and find statues outside the main entrance. Inside the main lobby was stunning, gorgeous marble floors, many many sofas and chairs and lovely tapestries on the walls, very welcoming staff, very well mannered and polite. We checked in quickly and took the lift to our room. The room was a good size with a big bed, flat TV a very clean and well equipped bathroom and of course a nice balcony overlooking the gardens and pools.We were very pleased with everything about the hotel so far.
The restaurant was very large with a lot of tables. The food is plentiful and of good quality. The choice of different dishes was pretty vast and there was food for everyones taste. The attention to detail in the hotel was perfect and the staff were so friendly and nothing was to much trouble for any of them. We went there for a break away from normal life after having a pretty traumatic year and it was perfect for us. Loads to do if you want it and peaceful enough if you want to do nothing but recharge. We will go back again no doubt about that and I will recommend this to anyone who is thinking of Spain for a holiday. Just to finish, I would like to say thank you to the staff and management of this hotel for making our first trip to Spain such a special trip for us.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple